May sell the VR-4 as well...

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
Yes, hard as it is to believe i am considering selling the VR4 in a few months. :( This is how it looks, i'm doing a three week snow trip early next year to Canada, USA and England, when i'm there i will plan to have a couple of interviews lined up, the main one with Contiki.

Ever since my tour in 04 i've been keen to do a season as a tour driver:cool: through Europe and now i have turned 23 i am able to apply. I feel it is a great opportunity and experience to do while i'm single and free.
Also the vr4 isn't the greatest vehicle for work (towing a tradie trailer) when i plan to go out working for myself, hence why i want a great big over sized stupid American ute :p:p:p

mmm... time will tell

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Nooooooooooo :(

Tell me it isn't true !

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
Yea, cheers brad, but if things were to send me to UK for 4,5,6months then i think i would sell, maybe to finance a ute for when i got back, but it is all in the air right now until i find out if i will go.

I know its still a few months away and all but i think about stuff too much and i really hope i get the job.... need to see how the public feels about it :)

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Bryan, just do it man! Sell the car, go nuts OS and then when your done come back and buy another one. Your only 23 once so go make the most of it while you still can and dont listen to these guys, they are just jealous :p

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
The man has a point - I'm 36, wife and 3 kids, a mortgage, and get no sleep whatsoever...

Live life to the fullest - as scary as it sounds, you may realise (like I did when I went to Japan) that there is more to this life than modifying cars ;)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Do it, Bryan.

If I could ever give any advice to anyone, it would be to jump into new experiences with both feet and never look back. What doesn't kill you makes you a stronger, better, more complete human being. I'm sure you'd have a fantastic time and you'll remember it for the rest of your life. Don't let your possessions own YOU! The VR4 is just a car, as nice as it is - you'll make money on the sale and then you can buy another (cheaper) when you get back... or buy a $5k ute for work and put the money to better use on a house or something ;)

We might all miss your VR4 enthusiasm, but hey nothing's stopping you from dropping by in here even if you don't have one - hell MOST of the people on this forum are yet to even DRIVE ONE!! :p

Gooch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bob
Drive
J-Spec Vr-4 1990, 2000 Legnum VR-4 Type S
Going OS

Hey champ!

PM Sent:

I agree, I too have the 3 kids, wife mortgage blah blah blah and now have a dicky back you never know what is round the corner dude.

Do it have fun and bring home some trophies. Life's not worth living if you spend it on the fence.

Cheers

cittris

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristian
Drive
2001 Tarmac Black Evo VII
Bryan,

Mate if you are serious about selling. let me know as you have exactly what i am looking for plus more. Hopefully i will be ready when you want to sell.

Cheers

Tristian

G

Unregistered
The man has a point - I'm 36, wife and 3 kids, a mortgage, and get no sleep whatsoever...

Live life to the fullest - as scary as it sounds, you may realise (like I did when I went to Japan) that there is more to this life than modifying cars ;)

wow so I am not the oldest here with the kids thing happening! :)

I be 32 with only the 2 kiddies - and yeah the thought of busing a bunch of pissed tourists around Europe who are aged between 18 to 35 and potentially hot and likely to strike out numerous times out on the town and happy to settle instead for their bus driver who has that (to them) cute Ozzie accent... :)

Yeah I am envious! :D

Go give them stories to tell their friends about when the get home from their travels! ;)

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Mate, you'd better be on your way to Europe! These are shenanigans that some of us dream of so hop to it. I'm sure your VR-4 will find a loving home. Sooooooooo what aren't you over there already? GO GO GO!

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
Such as mixed reaction, as it stand a the moment, i'm doing three weeks in Canada and usa and quick stop in uk in jan, now that trip is payed for etc so no need to sell.

Scenario 1: Me thinking ahead and i'm going to need a ute for work sometime soon, if i get a crappy ford or some thing i'll keep the vr4 however if i was to find a good ute when i was in the states i could be tempted to get it. :confused:

Scenario 2: If i get a job for 6 months in europe i could just leave the car doing nothing, or sell to help with house repayments when overseas then get something else when i get back (Thats if i do goto europe) :cool:

Scenario 3: Get job in europe, sell VR4, get chefy to import me a Ram so by time i get home, it will be ready for me to use :D

So many possibility's and what if's time will only tell, i don't want to get rid but i'm keen for a workn holiday in Europe as well, (would have great stories to tell kids when i have em)

BTW this ram would kick a vr4's Arse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B-nU2qj580

The pollution tho, would attract a bit of attention from our friends the cops

Mel-D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mel
Drive
2012 Ford Focus ST Manual,Tangerine. Evo 6 Blue manual.Had 2004 XR6 Falcon M11 Auto,Yellow GT stripes. 1999 Legnum Manual,White
x2
Jump into new experiences with both feet and never look back. What doesn't kill you makes you a stronger, better, more complete human being. I'm sure you'd have a fantastic time and you'll remember it for the rest of your life.
Mel

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Probably not in the same league, but I sold what i had, did what I had to do and joined the Army a few years back ( yes I am 34, 1 fantastic kid and sweet wife) I was single at the time and lived it up. I have been to countrys most people have never heard of and shagged more woman than i can count ( and my missus would like to know).
Not really the same as I said but the thing is I did what I wanted when I was ready to do it. If you are seriously keen and this is what you want to do don't let a car stop you from doing it.
Go hard, go long and spred the word that "Aussie can F*CK with the best of 'em"
Enjoy,
Jason

Top Bottom