MDKVR4 aka Mahmoud or aka MD // Sydney - NSW

MDKVR4

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Mahmoud
Drive
Legnum
Hi Guys,

Great site - been using it for ages. Believe it or not this is my first ever forum input - though I've been working in IT for over 10 years... go figure. Not too much of a forum junkie. Anyway, I proudly own a 2000 white Manual Leggy. Got it from Ben at J-Spec (thanks mate), and will be modding as budget permits. The car is immaculate, awesome and is a pleasure to drive. Want to achieve around 200+kw ATW reliably. Perfect car for me and my young family - space, performance, the looks and the drive....just gotta work on the fuel economy a bit.

Up NEXT (if or when budget permits ie slowly),

- K&N (Oval or panel - not sure yet - don't really want to move the battery to the boot)
- FMIC - when a full kit gets made and tested...still waiting
- BOV (Tomei or the Evo 8 unit mentioned in another thread)
- Walbro unit (probably from the ebay authentic seller???(gotta check that))
- Piggyback ecu (probably the miniceptor from RPW)
- Then Dyno tune and hopefully Shazam! 200+kw ATW and better economy.

Then
- maybe suspension....
- maybe rims.....
- maybe race seats...
- nice stereo setup (nothing to over the top)

MD

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Welcome! seems like you got some nice plans there..

so do you actually have the car, or is it on its way?

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Welcome MD,
just a comment on the K&N filter you mentioned. To get the most benefit from it you really must move the battery so you can move the filter forward and feed it cooler air. So I'd stick with the factory airbox until your ready to move that battery. Either that or get a vented evo style bonnet.

G

Unregistered
Hey there MD ... Glad u have enjoyed the site and obviously got a wealth of information from it ... Good luck with ur car and welcome ...

MDKVR4

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Mahmoud
Drive
Legnum
Thanks guys

Thanks again guys,

Tom - Had the car for a while (~10 months), and yeah as I said before a great drive. I gather you have the galant - nice. I prefer the Legnum... bit more room. I will be doing the mods slowly (not by choice, but probably best anyway). Not going for too much power (you can never have too much I guess). I would have preferred it with that huge sunroof - just couldn't find one with the specs I wanted. Not sure if it's possible to put one on - but settled for the one I've got.

Pete - Still not sure about that one. Obviously moving the oval pod forward is best. Though moving the battery is not what I want at this stage. Bonnet would be nice, but probably attract too much unwanted attention, and then there's painting, ensuring the fitting etc. I might go with a custom foam (heat resistant) surround, minimising some of the heat (Just an idea at the moment) - otherwise yeah I'll prob stick with the panel filter.

Paul - thanks mate. Not too much info around for our rides. So OZVR4 rules.

Top Bottom