Melbourne/Great Ocean Road :: Road Trip!

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Borrowed a work friends Canon 5D Mark II last week for a road trip that I went on with a good friend of mine :)

First time using a Digital SLR for an extended period, and it was a pretty awesome camera! Shame I didn't have the smarts on how to use it to its full potential..

And I'm not that used to landscape and scenery photos hehe.. So this is some of what I got (all pretty much on Auto setting LOL):

Melb-14.jpg

Melb-15.jpg

Melb-16.jpg

Melb-17.jpg

Melb-18.jpg

Melb-19.jpg

Melb-20.jpg

Melb-21.jpg

Melb-22.jpg

Melb-23.jpg

Melb-24.jpg

Melb-25.jpg

Melb-26.jpg

Melb-27.jpg

Melb-28.jpg

Melb-29.jpg

Melb-30.jpg

Oh and I highly recommend everyone should do the Great Ocean Road in their VR4s or any car haha.. Best lot of driving I've done :) came back to Melbourne via the country side and Colac for some high speed country driving, then took the Queenscliff to Sorrento ferry and thanks to Alex (Smitty) recommendation drove up the Esplanade to Mornington :)

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
And some car ones:

Melb-1.jpg

Melb-2.jpg

Melb-3.jpg

Melb-4.jpg

Melb-5.jpg

Melb-6.jpg

Melb-7.jpg

Melb-8.jpg

Melb-9.jpg

Melb-10.jpg

Melb-11.jpg

Melb-12.jpg

Melb-13.jpg

MackTheKnife

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul Mc
Drive
'90 MX5 and '01 LR Freelander V6 Softback
Nice shots. One thing baffles me though.

How the hell did you drive an WRX STi through Victoria without being shot dead by the Victorian police?

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Man I even went through a redlight accidentally at one point in the CBD LOL!

I'm sitting there behind a car waiting to turn left, didn't notice the light went red, car in front of me must've made the orange and as I went through the red I look in my mirror to see a police car next to me hahaha.. he was probably like "fkn tourists"..

and on the great ocean road drive, I saw one police van in Geelong while heading to the ferry, and one empty police car in a back road as I was turning around while in Lorne!

Oh, and I like how you can u-turn pretty much anywhere lol.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Thanks guys hehe..

Nah, no hook turns! I didn't actually need to at any point haha.. Only drove on some main road towards Exhibition St to get to the Rydges and didn't do much city driving at all ;)

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Those pics look awesome, especially if as you said they're on Auto setting!

P.S. Your love life confuses the hell out of me! Seems like every week you have some new chick hanging off you...except I've seen this one before. Though this is coming from someone who married the first one I was serious with... look where that got me.
She has it wrong too, she was meant to jump like that when you had the Toyota! lol

-T8-

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tate
Drive
WRX CSE5, 7g galant
Oh ur poor intercooler :( how many kms did u rack up?
Awesome road, awesome pics..
I like the beach shacks, but my two favourites are the one with the girl sitting down facing the ocean and the one under it with the blue light reflecting off the water
ps. What's ur plates mean?
She's pretty cute Tom :)

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Thanks guys! There is a bit of photoshop tweaking to get the colours the way I actually saw them in person :)

Hahah I don't have a love life LOL and she isn't my gf :) she is cute but lol. We dated like months ago! That's why you've seen her before Brad!

It was about 2340km all up!

Shiro is white in Japanese, I wanted a japanese word (as I love everything jap) and all the other words I got translated didn't fit the NSW pattern, but Shiro did and the word sounds cool even tho it's the simplest meaning hehe.. I've only had one person figure it out, and that was a Tafe friend who happened to notice it!

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Nice shots! Just makes me want to go waste a grand on a DSLR even more :(
Hopefully be heading down that way at the end of the year some time, beautiful road.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Shiro is white in Japanese, I wanted a japanese word (as I love everything jap) and all the other words I got translated didn't fit the NSW pattern, but Shiro did and the word sounds cool even tho it's the simplest meaning hehe.. I've only had one person figure it out, and that was a Tafe friend who happened to notice it!

Heh... I figured it out, but hadn't posted anything.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Nice shots! Just makes me want to go waste a grand on a DSLR even more :(
Hopefully be heading down that way at the end of the year some time, beautiful road.

Haha same, I keep looking up cameras and pricing, but it's just money I can't afford to spend right now!! :(

Heh... I figured it out, but hadn't posted anything.
Hehe nice one! Makes that 2 people ever to tell me they figured it out without asking!!

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
The sunset one in Port Campbell is beautiful. I took a shot there at a similar time of day years ago and it remains one of my favourites.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Hehe I keep getting comments on that one on Rexnet as well =] seems we rock Tim! haha

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Oh we do. Absolutely.

You probably more than me, since mine was taken on a shocking camera...!

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
But if you can take an awesome shot on a shocking camera, it shows you got mad skillz

Top Bottom