Missing Car...

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
Was in city today with me mate from NZ (Mullet man) showing him around left the car at the train station only to get back and it wasn't there.. :eek::eek:

Went down to police station and they told me that it hadn't been stolen but that a constable had got it towed because it had been broken into and they couldn't contact me.

Go to the tow company have to pay $88 for the towing...

The damage is as follows, some little c*** has broken the drivers window, stolen the stereo, boost gauge, and maybe a ipod from glovebox can't remember some cd's dvd's and thats about it i hope..

The towing company damaged the front kit from putting it on the flatbed truck, bent the towbar

the cop broke the pins on the bonnet, and cut the wires to the siren of the alarm to shut it up, but being battery backup id didn't stop.

so far thats all here some pics...

P1030335.jpg

P1030334.jpg

P1030333.jpg

P1030332.jpg

P1030331.jpg

P1030330.jpg

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Oh crap! Really sorry to hear this Bryan - it's a horrible feeling knowing some like b*stard has been through your car.

I guess there's no chance of getting prints if the cops and the tow company have been through the car?

Are the towing company liable for damage?

Lee

G

Unregistered
Holy smokes that sux ... I hope u can claim it all back on insurance and get the insurance company to chase down the dollars from the tow company. Can't beleive the cops have it towed away ...

At least ur stubby holder is still there ...

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
Yea stoked about the stubbie holder that was from new years, no point claiming insurance i didn't state on the policy about the stereo and the excess is 1100 all up so no point for window.

Towing company WILL be liable i'm bloody gonna make sure that i get the front and tow bar fix f*** it

G

Unregistered
OH NO It had an alarm too and noone took any notice, you must feel sick.

At least they didn't drive it and kill the engine or crash it.

What a sad day for you :mad:

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
F**k. that really suxs. Bad enough to have the car broken into but to have it damaged even further because the cops wanted it towed away. Good luck getting the tow company to cough up the money although I think that they are liable for the the damage caused when they moved it.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
That sucks. you work hard for a good car and some little shit just takes it away and it get damaged on the way

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Oh Bryan. That's horrible man. I'd be looking at having your insurance company look into the damage by the towing company as they will probably just tell you to bugger off.

At least you didn't lose the whole car dude. Just think if those little punks had stolen it and then set fire to it...

Karma will deal with them, oh yes it will.

G

Unregistered
that blows big time,

i take it the center dash panel is completely ****ed aswell,
will be a PITA to replace that, silver carbon is not the easiest to find.

and how did the cop break the bonnet pins?? there not that hard to work out how to undo??!!

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
THAT'S JUST ALL ****ED UP.. all of us here know how much we appreciate these cars.. and some little punks just decides to break in cause of the stereo... hope you've got a baseball bat in your boot for future ref... and hopefully you see the ****ers who did this to your car.. whether they're just little kids or adults.. they MUST be punished.. in a lawful manner.. (after you swing your bat around for several times)

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
Insurance told me to take it up with tow company, cop was stupid i guess cut the wires to the siren but being battery backup didn't work, he must of just pulled the pins too hard cause the screws on one were ripped out oh and center console not too bad of shape just scratched but there is a couple of broken pieces of plastic not sure were from tho

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum
I'd Kill the wankers who stole your shit, the cop is a clown and the towies were jealous because they dont own a VR4, im guessin the towies ripped your shit off bro. But thats just how I would deal with this situation...................hmmm I have to remind myself this is australia not Iraq.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
that is crap Bryan, sorry to hear. Sounds like a comedy of errors on both the cops and towies accounts. Good luck with taking it up with the towing company, im sure they will be wankers about the whole thing :(

Theres a wrecker in Adelaide that has a half cut with the 'carbon fibre' centre console if you want me to look into that for you?

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Shit man, I am so sorry about what has happend. I hope you get it sorted out quickly and smoothly. Damn I hate car theives !! Lets hope the little bastards get what they deserve.

G

Unregistered
You have my sympathy. It's a crap feeling compounded by bad handling of the vehicle.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Oh Bryan that's AWFUL dude!! I'm so sorry man. Ironically the busted bar is the worst of the lot IMO! How crap, if any of us can help in any way just say the word and I'm sure you'll have no end of helpful offers :)

G

Unregistered
Far out, I feel so sorry for you, thats terrible. It makes me sick thinking that someone would do that to my own car.

Lets hunt these little f*ckers down!

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
thats terrible dude. I'd be getting the towing company and the cops to shell out for all of the damage they did to the car.

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Good point Brad. I wonder if it's worth ringing the police station and asking if they have insurance for damage they cause? I mean, they didnt have to "rip" out the pins nor did they have to cut the alarm system out! Surley there would have been an easier way, like tipping it when it went on the back of the tray?

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Last Friday afternoon the alarm in the house across the street from me was set off. Stuck my nose outside, walked across the street, no one home but didn't look like any doors or windows were open / broken. 15 minutes later it shut off. Only to come on again a couple of hours later. I rang the cops, they sent a car out. I was woken at 2am by the alarm again. Called the cops and asked if they could please shut it off, but they said they would have to disconnect the battery from the siren which would mean opening up the device, which was unlikely. They sent another car out.

The thing kept going off every two hours for two days until Sunday morning. Living directly across from it made it impossible to sleep. Cops said you couldn't charge someone on excessive noise due to the nature of the noise (ie alarm system). Basically the whole neighbourhood just had to live with it until the occupants returned as the cops refused to do anything, and the local council offices were closed.

So either that's a different attitude in WA, or cops treat houses making noise and cars making noise differently...

BTW, doesn't your alarm have a tilt sensor that should have shut it off once it was raised on a tow truck? I suppose that wouldn't work if they'd used a flat-bed anyway...

Top Bottom