Mitsubishi CAPS Database Download

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Erm, because I didn't see his post? LOL he must have posted it as I posted mine yesterday. I'll have a chat to him about it then ;)

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Any one else having problems installing CAP's? I'm running Vista ultimate 64 I'm getting an error stating that I "need the correct type (x86/64) of OS to use this program"

Any thoughts? And yes, I've tried changing the compatibility of the install file to good old XP SP2 etc. No luck :rolleyes:

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Steve, the bad news is I doubt you'll get this working with Vista. Its a huge problem and one of the MANY reasons I recommend people steer well clear of Vista - legacy application compatibility is rubbish. XP will still run DOS programs in compatibility mode, why they hell did MS have to break everything with Vista? *sigh*

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Ahh ok then, cheers Trev. I'll stop harassing my poor vista computer and install it onto the server. At least that way I can use the damn program.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Hey everyone,

Dave (qball) is sorted out. I got the CAPS data compressed to self-extracting 7Zip archive that is about 430-odd MB in size. Can be burnt to CD & posted if anyone is after a copy.....

Cheers,
Brad.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Yea I've put the version I uploaded onto a CD for a couple of people. You're pushing the envelope even further though Brad, nice one! :D

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Aww gee ... just trying to put something back into this forum in return for getting so much out of it !

Now if only I had the time/knowledge/effort to make it self extract itself to a specified directory then run the CAPS.EXE from the local drive I could sleep easy at night !

If only my Commodore 64 programming knowledge could somehow help :ROFLMAO:

G

Unregistered
Greetings friends. I am an early Lancer Evo owner and I like the CAPs program that I downloaded here. I wanted to do something in return, but since I don't have a VR4 and we can't buy them here in Canada, I'm really not much good to you guys here.

I've put up the big JDM CAPS program up on this SteekR hosting service. This is what I am using to share it with other early Evo owners, and since I originally got the files here on OZVR4, the least I could do was to link it here and maybe take some of the load off of OZVR4's servers.

Here is the link. Hopefully it will do some good. Thanks a lot guys.

http://www.steekr.com/index.php?m=c9ae77e8&a=7d397569&share=LNK9293481004746777f

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Hey Yuan, glad you've found it (and the site) useful :) I don't think too many people are downloading it month-to-month, so server load is doing fine AFAIK. By the time we hosted it on here a lot of members already had it from the sites I uploaded it to originally.

Thanks for the link though and thinking of us - you have to get yourself behind a JDM VR4 one day and you'll know all about our addiction! ;)

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
On a side note, this works fine in Vista x86 (32bit) edition with no "compatibility mode" (for example, as snickells tried to run it in XP SP2 mode) tweaks.

G

Unregistered
any chance of getting this on a cd and posted to me? how much $$?

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
^excellent, then I'll just copy Steve's CD as I only have 1GB and that seems to get chewed up each month as it is :S

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
CAPS display problems

OK, I installed CAPS and my display doesn't like it... renders it completely useless! See attached file.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• caps.jpg
    caps.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 55
Top Bottom