Mitsubishi GTO / 3000GT VR-4

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Btw 3si has a lot of interesting things even for us.... after all we do share a Mitsu V6 design...

Sorry, can I take it then that some parts for GTO's will fit on our VR4's? I thought they were completely different motors?

G

Unregistered
Valmes you've misquoted me...I was talking stock. Of course the ones doing 10's and 9's are not going to be that heavy anymore...

And...with enough work you can make anything handle well. I was talking stock for stock.

they dont take much at all to get into the 10/9's...

mate of mine has one... a simple turbo swap will get you into the 11's, and there is one in america that is running 9's with turbo, safc, exhaust, fmic, and a few other 'minor' mods....

i was going to steal his TD04's when he upgrades, but i think i'd prefer a big single on the leggy. ;)

G

Unregistered
Valmes you've misquoted me...I was talking stock. Of course the ones doing 10's and 9's are not going to be that heavy anymore...

And...with enough work you can make anything handle well. I was talking stock for stock.

Did I?

Well, in my opinion even in stock form they handle well for a "Grand Tourer"... seems like you are on rails in this tank.

It has much better aftermarket support from US, than that for 8G VR-4 from all countries combined. It has a proven record in both 1/4 mile and around the track... and how many cars are left stock nowadays? The point is, these cars are relatively easy to upgrade with off the shelf parts and can be made to go quite fast and handle quite good too. Remember its still 3.0 TT and 4WD... and they do look good too...

----------------------------

Engines are similar in design. That means the approach to getting more HP out of them is also similar... but not the engines.

TD04-9bs are as small as our stock TD03L-7T... no point in getting these and they won't fit without mods anyway.

There are only 3 cars in the 9s now... all in US. But 12s, 11s and even 10s are "relatively easy"... and a lot of cars are running those times.

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
IMO the GTO will eat a VR4. In saying this I must say i have ony driven 1 Leggy and maybe 7 or 8 GTO's, and within that i have never had the pleasure of a manual Leggy/Gally as apposed to the many manual GTO's.
We are talking about a AWD monster that with VERY and I stress VERY minor mods will insite spirited 3rd gear smokies. To be honest, I hadn't driven a Leggy/Gally at all prior to purchasing one myself. I gotta say guys....................................... I am disappionted, almost bored! OK its faster than a Commondore, but what else???? I had not driven a standard one until our Leggy got here and i gotta say I am glad I have the power to fix this lack lustre car. I have been a life long Mitshi fan so ya can't accuse me of over expecting or undewr for that matter.
I did however find out that it is only the type V and type S manual that has 206kw, auto type S has 191kw.
Anyway I have got what I wabted and will keep you posted on kw Output as I mess with it and find the most power I can for minimal outlay.
Cheers,
Jason

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Yes you did.

I don't even know what you're going on about lol...I never said they were bad, I just said they don't handle as well as they should have [from the factory]. Time to let go mate as everything else you've said I already know and don't disagree with...

Did I?

Well, in my opinion even in stock form they handle well for a "Grand Tourer"... seems like you are on rails in this tank.

It has much better aftermarket support from US, than that for 8G VR-4 from all countries combined. It has a proven record in both 1/4 mile and around the track... and how many cars are left stock nowadays? The point is, these cars are relatively easy to upgrade with off the shelf parts and can be made to go quite fast and handle quite good too. Remember its still 3.0 TT and 4WD... and they do look good too...

----------------------------

Engines are similar in design. That means the approach to getting more HP out of them is also similar... but not the engines.

TD04-9bs are as small as our stock TD03L-7T... no point in getting these and they won't fit without mods anyway.

There are only 3 cars in the 9s now... all in US. But 12s, 11s and even 10s are "relatively easy"... and a lot of cars are running those times.

G

Unregistered
Ohhh, I did? :D Alright... what ever makes you happy! :)

PS: I still disagree with your statement: they don't handle as well as they should have [from the factory].

If they would handle any better from the factory, that for sure, would've put Ferrari out of business... :D

G

Unregistered
There is a reason you don't understand my humor... :)
We have snow all over the place... you've got none :)

Seriously, I didn't mean to offend you... was just stating my opinion, since I know a bit about 3000gt/GTOs/Stealths.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Nah Valmes, it's cause you can read Cyrillic... ANYONE that can read that HAS to be a bit odd! ;)

G

Unregistered
Nah Valmes, it's cause you can read Cyrillic... ANYONE that can read that HAS to be a bit odd! ;)

Haha...

Well, for 5 years in US, then Malta and Cyprus, I've learned the odd "Latin" ways of communicating... :D

Engrish :)

PS: For me Greek, Chinese and Japanese are as odd as Cyrillic for you...
PS2: Sorry for going off-topic... won't happen again... :)
PS3: GT5 FTW! :D

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
how embarassing for the porsche..

actually there was this gt3 that i had a go with, the owner was quite surprise i could keep up with him on the corners.. but on the straight you can definitely tell he was pulling away.. overall.. Porsche's are all nice.. but expensive..

Top Bottom