Mitsubishi RVR

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
Actually, I saw an ADM Nimbus yesterday and it looks very similar to this, except slightly longer.... So I'm guessing the RVR is the Nimbii's evil demented twin much like Bart is to Hugo :)

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Actually, I saw an ADM Nimbus yesterday and it looks very similar to this, except slightly longer.... So I'm guessing the RVR is the Nimbii's evil demented twin much like Bart is to Hugo :)

Don't start the Nimbus bullshit dude!!!! I get enough of it at work already! :cursing:

CLuTZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andre
Drive
C73A Lancer GSR, G6E Turbo MK2
Totally a Nimbus. Just a better looking, better working one.

The JDM Nimbus' are the Chariots. You can get them in 4G63T 4WD aswell, similar to the RVR but long wheel base (limousine) spec. They're called Chariot GT's (N43W)

They are 1470kg and 170kw standard. They use EVO 3 spec 4G63T's and also their turbo is rated higher than an EVO 3 turbo.

There's a member on 4gtuner, mannynz- he personally imported his from NZ. He ran a 13.01 in it..... Not bad at all!

6592942.jpg

bbsgtp.jpg

bluegt.jpg

chariothsgr.jpg

ftogt.jpg

greengt.jpg

62279882.jpg

reargt.jpg

redgt.jpg

blurry.png

sidegt.jpg

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
I see you can get a Hypergear type front on them too hehe.

MEEK Automotive said they can do a shitload with the RVRs in terms of parts & tuning etc because of the sharing of some stuff with the EVOs.

I notice the difference with a Nimbus is they use regular doors, whereas the RVR uses a slider for the rear & on one side only.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Yeas they're obviously not really a Nimbus, but they are similar enough to be called a shrunken one.

CLuTZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andre
Drive
C73A Lancer GSR, G6E Turbo MK2
I see you can get a Hypergear type front on them too hehe.

They dont come like that standard. If no look closely you can see the RVR and Chariot headlights are different, so if you wanna do the HSG-R conversion on a Chariot you need the headlights and filler panel underneath

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
Don't start the Nimbus bullshit dude!!!! I get enough of it at work already! :cursing:

Heh, sorry... I wasn't stirring or anything, I just happened to notice the similarities as it drove past... much like the Magna I was parked beside today at Bunnings :p

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Saw the new version of this today in Newcastle. Here it's called an ASX but is simply a slightly shrunken Outlander.
Gone are the 'out there' styling of the RVR & in its place is something just plain & dull...

Top Bottom