mmcs/gps not sure need help.

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
Ok well i have some extra bits and bobs on the car that came with it from japan, there are the 2 units on top of all the mmcs gear and then 2 things on the dash, i guess its something to do with GPS, but since i am useless with electronic gear, just wondering what it is, cos if its useless i wanna rip it out and get rid of it.

2012-10-18131233.jpg

2012-10-18131218.jpg

2012-10-18131347.jpg

Cheers Mark~

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
that's 1 part of it, what about the larger unit + the 2 units in the back, they can't be all to do with that can they? lol.

G

Unregistered
So what's in your centre console, pics please :)

And a better pic of the name/model number on top of those units.

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
Lol nothing, the console is stock with mmcs screen and stock radio, but i recently got a carbon look console off yahoo auctions that fits with the mmcs screen, waiting for that.

2012-10-18153558.jpg

2012-10-18153616.jpg

Cheers Mark.

G

Unregistered
Some variation of this.... but isn't the unit underneath them your MMCS main unit & drive?

2005.2_6.jpg

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
The console is only the MMCS and stock radio, those 2 receiver things are on the left side of the car, and i don't have any extra drives or anything in the console, just looks like this.

Cheers

Attachments

• 231907d1251838575-comunidad-del-galant-mmcs-mitsubishi-multi-communication-system.jpg
    231907d1251838575-comunidad-del-galant-mmcs-mitsubishi-multi-communication-system.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 175

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
You got one with the original tape player, that's pretty cool. I can't imagine there'd be many left with stock tape set up like that.

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
Yeah stock tape, but does not have the stock cd stacker, has an aftermarket stacker in the boot which has to go too lol.

G

Unregistered
You got one with the original tape player, that's pretty cool. I can't imagine there'd be many left with stock tape set up like that.

All the MMCS units have the tape player as it also has the radio controls, plus those for the CD stacker and TV tuner if you have them.

The main control box for the MMCS which is under a cover in the boot of Legnums (no idea where in Galants) has a slot drive in the side where the maps CD-ROM is inserted. The stacker and TV tuner also live in the boot area.

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
Well yeah its in the same spot for the Galant, but i do not see an slot drive lol, or I am blind, so those 2 units are separate and i can get rid of them?.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Yes, seperate.... Unless integraated :lol: but that's unlikely

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
Sweet well looks like I'm gonna have fun playing with all the wiring! thanks for all the help guys.

Cheers~

R Kilburn

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Roland
Drive
1996 PFL VR-4 Galant
Sweet well looks like I'm gonna have fun playing with all the wiring! thanks for all the help guys.

Cheers~

Ive been searching for an hour tying to find some info on the black units and all I could find was this http://www.trademarkia.com/cruise-mate-75112282.html Apparently Sumimoto made these as aftermarket nav systems (a small range of vehicles did carry them stock) back in the days.

*quoted from site* - vehicle navigation system comprised of a display unit; heading, distance, and positioning sensors; storage unit for a map database; and control unit for the preceding.

Reactions: mcs

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
yeah cheers for that, ill be removing it as soon as i have time to pull half the car apart to see where all the wires go.

CANDEE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeremy
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
You can see the disc slot mentioned in the pic here:
DSC01539a.jpg

This has the Galant one turned around and on its side. :)

You can remove mmcs and run a normal dash if you get the correct aircon unit and dash. :)

I have done this as I got fed up with the mmcs disc not loading on cold mornings and not giving me access to the heater controls... lol

gripngo

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Dave
Drive
'96 Galant Vr4 White
The console is only the MMCS and stock radio, those 2 receiver things are on the left side of the car, and i don't have any extra drives or anything in the console, just looks like this.

Cheers

Hey guys,

Seeing this head unit is the same as my wifes Galant. Can i please ask how you get the device to display all of this info as my wifes simply asks for some sort of CD module(most of it is in Japanese so cant read it) i think i heard someone say i need some sort of attachment or insert some sort of a drive to get it to read the gps system but am not sure what it is and were to get it etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I also apologise for hijacking the thread :tongue_smilie:

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
Hey thought id re use this old thread, i sent candee a pm but no reply, so wondering if anyone else can chime in.

Ok i am wanting to remove the mmcs screen, but not change the center console layout, im wondering if the normal climate controls will fit in the radio section, if someone could measure the unit for me, and if i can then just stick a screen up in where the mmcs used to be, saves me buying another console.

Cheers Mark.

Top Bottom