MMCS (I think) & Spotties

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Hi All,

I finally got the car ****YYYYAAAAAAYYYYYY**** I'll post some pics soon, thanks again Chef... (He's had to put up with a lot :)

It's running great except a few things... Hopefully someone here may be able to help...

1. The tv screen/sat nav thingy doesn't seem to have power running to it, eg it's not working and none of the lights are on...

2. The spot lamps aren't all working, the 2 nearest to the grille are working but the outside ones aren't... I thought it may of been a function that only works with the high beam but that doesn't seem to matter?... Any ideas...?

Oh btw I checked the fuses for problem number 1 and that seems ok...

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
And while I'm on the topic has anyone had any luck converting to English and uploading Aus maps...?

G

Unregistered
The MMCS should just turn on with the car, u will need to make sure u have the sat Nav disk in the drive in the boot. I have the English translation cd, just email me ... No one is close with the sat nav being able to use Aussie maps.
The outside spotties will have been disabled in compliance. My globes were removed ... I think they are turning lights ... ?!?!

Esoteric

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
2001 Galant VR-4
Hey hey - congrats man, I'm sure those minor moans will be sorted out real quick. Can't help you with any of those questions I'm afraid but look forward to seeing some pics soon!

G

Unregistered
I believe the outer fog lights only come on when the indicators are on to light up the road you're about to turn into.

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
The MMCS should just turn on with the car, u will need to make sure u have the sat Nav disk in the drive in the boot. I have the English translation cd, just email me ... No one is close with the sat nav being able to use Aussie maps.
The outside spotties will have been disabled in compliance. My globes were removed ... I think they are turning lights ... ?!?!

There's a drive in the boot??? Where..???

Is there any way you can have all the spot lamps on? I want 4!!! The reason that I ask is that the VR4 in the top left hand of this screen has all 4 on without the indicator on...

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Yeah the globes were removed... Are they easy to get and install..? (the globes I mean)

G

Unregistered
There's a drive in the boot??? Where..???

Is there any way you can have all the spot lamps on? I want 4!!! The reason that I ask is that the VR4 in the top left hand of this screen has all 4 on without the indicator on...

not that hard... I had a mate with a Mirage with the side indicator light as well, he managed to get an auto electrician to do it.. might be a defect though as you can have a max of 6 forward facing lights on at the same time.

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
Congratulations on getting the car, good to hear that those are the only problems. They sound pretty easy to fix, so you should have it all working perfectly in no time at all.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
yeah the side lights only come on when you are indicating, but it is very easy to wire them up in parallel so all 4 come on when you hit the fogs.

I would imagine that they are a fairly standard part that would be compatible with a lot of other mitsi bulbs.

Even without an mmcs cd, then screen should still power up and come up with a warning in japanese. What happens when you press display on the aircon control unit?

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
yeah the side lights only come on when you are indicating, but it is very easy to wire them up in parallel so all 4 come on when you hit the fogs.

I would imagine that they are a fairly standard part that would be compatible with a lot of other mitsi bulbs.

Even without an mmcs cd, then screen should still power up and come up with a warning in japanese. What happens when you press display on the aircon control unit?

There's a display option on the a/c??? (Got a pic of it) I didn't see (not to say that it's not there)... Does that power the thing up? Also is the mmcs and the cd player separate? I.e. can I just swap the cd player over and keep the screen...?

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
I can't see a 'display button', but I can't check the car till later tonight...
air.jpg

G

Unregistered
I have a feeling you don't have MMCS because if I read correctly from the info threads, MMCS means your climate control is integrated with the screen.

and Judging by the pics you posted on your signature, it seems you don't have MMCS, just some Jap DVD/Satnav/stereo thing.

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Yeah I'm kinda getting that feeling too... It says Mitsubishi on the top of the screen though so it's factory...

Anyway this is it... I should say this is like my set up... This is not my car...

IMG_0101.jpg

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Congrats on finally getting the car, Matt! :D

Sadly you don't have MMCS - that's just the standard aircon control unit there :)

MMCS looks something like this:

diashow2_MMCS03.jpg

The MMCS unit is a touchscreen display that looks like a moulded-in double-din at the top of the centre-console dash, leaving a single-din stereo space below.

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Even worse I have just been told by a reliable source that it's farked! Bugger...

Off to shop for a screen and dvd player...

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
damn thats no good, atleast you can choose something nice and new, and it will be in English :D

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
/hijack

The buggers at shogun cut the wires coming out of my side pointing foggies :mad: I wish they had just removed the globes instead..

/end hijack

Top Bottom