MMCS television- Anyone got it working?

marc.r

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
marc
Drive
purple legnum
ok i have had a better look at this and at the creative vision m. i understand that many players output the right format video but i do not understand the input on the tv tuner unit. it is a 3.5mm video input. what sort of input is this? i have never seen this input for video before. what sort of cable do i need? how does any standard player.. even the vision m have a cable that will work with this input?

if it is simply the same as the 3.5mm stereo audio cable then how do i use an adapter to get this signal out of whatever im using and into the 3.5mm stereo cable. i am so confused. all players i have seen use simple 3.5mm special cables that adapt to rca composite cables for video but clearly the legnum av input is not that easy.

can anyone help me!

G

Unregistered
It's a normal video signal, so you will need to find or make your own custom cable and the video plug needs to be mono. Note that it is NTSC though, so make sure what ever you are using can output in that.

This site has a lot of info too:

http://mmcs.mylivepage.com/wiki/516_General

marc.r

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
marc
Drive
purple legnum
got a cable and converter today. watching youtube from my iphone! go mmcs, thanks to everyone who helped me out!

G

Unregistered
Good to hear. To help others out, what cable/converter did you get and where did you buy it from?

marc.r

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
marc
Drive
purple legnum
I got a standard iPhone component out cable. This is available from every website that sells iPhone accessories. U got mine from dick smith because I was in a rush and they allow you to return in 14 days if it does not do what you hope it will. From there I bought 2 simple adapters. One RCA to mono 3.5mm plug which cost about 3 bucks. I plugged that Imto the video aux input in the tuner. Then it is as simple as plugging in the yellow composite video cable. For sound the process is the same but you get one stero RCA to stereo 3.5mm adapter.

After that it is just a matter of setting your iPhone to NTSC and widescreen. Now I just need to jailbreak my phone so I can watch more than just YouTube and iTunes.

marc.r

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
marc
Drive
purple legnum
update: the cable has a built in usb charger input. i got a 12v cig lighter to usb charger and this works fine. can charge the iphone fine while watching video etc. problem is that this causes interference and creates a hissing noise. all in all i think this is a great system.

Top Bottom