MMCS - What's needed to get it working?

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
i'm new to this but does the MMCS Factory TV require much work to get it working over here? its in a car i'm looking at buying but if it doesn't work its a bit of a waste

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Hi David. I believe you can hook up the MMCS to a DVD source, but the other guys will be able to tell you for sure.

Welcome to the site :)

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
I have seen plenty of these systems hooked up to local DVD units, but I dont know of any TV conversion to make it get local channels. I can however get the sound from Channel 7 I think ( i can listen to hueys cooking in the afternoons lol ) but no picture

Cheers,
Jason

G

Unregistered
The MMCS will work and is great. The aircon touch screen is part of it, the Radio, cd player and tape deck also ... the Sat Nav will not work as there are no maps for Ozzi.
The tv tuner will not work, u need to buy a new one.
I bought a Creative Zen Vision M and hooked that up through the Jap tuners AV channel and can watch movies, listen to mp3's and it has Oz Radio too. Highly recommend the MMCS it looks cool having the touch screen aircon. ;)

Oh and u will need a Translation disk to view english characters on the buttons, but pm me if u end up with it ...
This disk will only work in the facelift VR4's as they r in widescreen ...

sickvr4

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
its wierd though. my car is a pre facelift 1998 model, and from what i can tell from the pictures i have of the interior. it has the widescreen display. maybe on the 98 models before the facelift they changed the display to the widescreen one.... your guess would be as good as mine.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
the car is a 99 model type s is this a face lift model ?

G

Unregistered
you can hook it up to anything with an ntsc video output

hooked that up through the Jap tuners AV channel

Where is the connection located to hook up an input? Mine does not have the TV unit installed I assume becuase there is a pocket/tray in the R/H boot area.

Pics anyone?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
mine has the tv tuner installed on the right side of the boot, I think there are a few pics on clubvr4 of my setup, the only one I have on me now is this one. The TV Tuner is the box on the right.

Attachments

• DSC01463.JPG
    DSC01463.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 45
Top Bottom