Morgan Park Track Day April 5th - BMW Club

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
Hello Club Members,

Our day at Morgan Park in Warwick is getting closer! The event is filling fast and for those interested but not yet registered, please do so sooner rather than later. The event will be hosted and attended by BMW Club QLD/Gold Coast with entries from HSV Club, Audi Club QLD, Porsche Club QLD and Gus-Bus QR Track Regulars. Accordingly, there will be great diversity on the day.

The emphasis of this day will be on driver training and represents a perfect opportunity to gain some performance driving experience with the support of experienced driving professionals on hand to give guidance. Also, I would like to point out that in Queensland, in my humble opinion, Morgan Park represents the best quality track in terms of tarmac quality, having been fully resurfaced last year, as well as enjoyable track layout. Our number of days at Morgan Park are limited due to its popularity for the above reasons which underlines this day to be a great opportunity to access such a facility.

In brief, here are some firm details for the day:

Date: Saturday, April 5th.
Duration: FULL DAY
Check-in: From 7:30am
Cost: Club members $170 / Non-members $190 / Late fee of $20 for payments received after 31 March.
Lunch: Included for participants / Free for marshalls / Available to non-participating patrons at extra cost payable on the day
Format: Non-CAMS driver training emphasis and non-competitive private practice

Requirements for the day:
All entrants MUST hold a current drivers license and have a road-worthy and robust vehicle. Please ensure that your car does not suffer over-heating or fluid leaks and has brakes and tyres in perfect order.

Rally extension cover is COMPULSORY for the day and provides public liability cover for track work. This is available from your third party insurance provider for about $10 or FREE if your are with Suncorp. All you need to do is go to customer service of your third party insurer and request a "Rally Extension".

We recommend that entrants have a CAMS Level 2S license for added public liability insurance. Entrants without such a license will not be excluded, but should be aware of their lower level of protection in the event of an accident.

Drivers must have a current Australian Standards approved helmet and full-body covering clothing. Race suits are optional but not a requirement.

Cars should have the following items, and their presence will be noted during scrutineering:
Battery marking
Tow hook in place and marked
A fire extinguisher
Supplemental bonnet restraint
Secondary throttle spring

We strongly recommend these added safety features for the day as they are designed to protect YOU. As this event is not a CAMS event, they will not be enforced and you can participate without some or all of them. HOWEVER, each item will be marked on each participant's scrutineering sheet as a measure of steps taken by the participant to limit the risks associated with trackwork. Furthermore, suitably preparing a car for such a day is good practice for participating in a regulated CAMS event that is planned for later in the year.

Thank-you to those that have registered and a confirmation will be sent out at the end of the week directly to those members. Payment is now possible through the club-webshop and will also be directly possible to myself or Ray Allsop, who is running the event. For direct transfer, please contact us for bank details.

To those still considering entering, please register your place directly with me by reply to this email without delay as the event is only three weeks away.

For those that wish to go to Warwick Friday and stay the night, please contact me for recommeded Hotel details.

We still seek a few more volunteers as flag marshalls on the day. No experience is necessary as all guidance will be be provided by the senior instructor. Free lunch will be provided to those that volunteer and no doubt lifts to Warrick can be sought with participating members (But I can't promise anything). Marshalling is a great opportunity to spectate from very very good vantage points and enjoy a free lunch with the club. Once again, pleae contact me via this email to register as a volunteer.

Thank-you for your attention,
Roland Porst
Motorsport Division, BMW Club QLD
email rolandporst@hotmail.com to register

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
relocate the honeymoon to Warwick. :D

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
While a honeymoon at Morgan Park would get me "in the mood", I can't say the same for my wife to be...

:)

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Hey Trav, have you attended one o these before? Any idea what driver instruction would be on offer? Are you going?

What is the format and how many "goes" would we get

Same day as my QR sprints- have some things i'm going to try with the Sil80

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
couldn't tell you Simon, never been to one. Doubt there would be much in the way of driver instruction, considering the number of cars that will be there. I think the QR sprints will be more beneficial to you.

Top Bottom