mpce aka Anthony // QLD

mpce

Crunching Gears
First Name
Anthony
Drive
8th Generation 1996 Galant VR-4 Pre Facelift
Hey everyone just got a freshly imported 1996 VR4, What K&N Filter do I need to replace the stock air filter.

mpce

Crunching Gears
First Name
Anthony
Drive
yer i found out that all the info i need is on here sorry to be an idiot

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
*laughs* welcome aboard Anthony, and yes, laziness is no excuse for not using the search function on here :)

So when are you going to put up pics of this Legnum of yours? Cheers!

mpce

Crunching Gears
First Name
Anthony
Drive
It is a manual sedan not a Legnum. I just fitted new front Pioneer speakers in the doors and my old Pioneer head unit this weekend. I have uploaded the pics Carmen has of it; I'll take my own at some stage. Oh and sorry about my laziness guys, I'll search before I ask.

CIMG2484.jpg

CIMG2483.jpg

CIMG2482.jpg

CIMG2481.jpg

CIMG2480.jpg

CIMG2479.jpg

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Slowly but surely the Trigger Mauves took over the world!!!:D

Looks like it's in top notch condition Anthony! Oh and don't worry about all of the spankings... most of us have asked questions that have been already covered.:)

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
Hooray!!!! Another Trigger!

*break into song*...We are the champions, my friends

BTW, my front cut is also a Trigger teeheehee

mpce

Crunching Gears
First Name
Anthony
Drive
I'm having real problems trying to get comfortable in the Galant's seats, I even tried the front passenger seat and that was no better. Has any one else had this kind of problem?

I'm trying to track down some Recaro's from the facelift, does any one have/know of a pair for sale, if not a pair at least the drivers seat. Is there any other Recaro's (from another car) that well go in and be easy to source?

I know where to buy new Recaro's from and I could go to Autobarn to get a cheap copy but I would rather see if I can get the 2nd hand option first.

My old Galant (1990 Jap Spec E39A) I had no problems getting comfortable in the seats.

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Evo Recaros are the most favoured option.

Re: spankings - who else has seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail?? :)

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
I'm having real problems trying to get comfortable in the Galant's seats, I even tried the front passenger seat and that was no better. Has any one else had this kind of problem?

I find my Legnum's seats to be lacking in lower back support. My solution, until I can find (and afford) some Recaros, is the same as I've used on previous cars over the years:

1. Purchase some aftermarket seat covers that you can live with (ie. don't look too crappy LOL). I have found decent ones for thirty bucks.

2. Fabricate a small cushion by wrapping bubble wrap in a layer of cotton towel - width of the seatback between the bolsters, and about 8 inches high.

3. Place the cushion across the lower back area of the seat. Adjust thickness of cushion to suit your needs. Sew or tape edges together to keep the bubble wrap in place. Safety pin cushion to seat at the upper corners.

4. Install seat cover. The safety pins and snug fit of the seat cover are enough to keep the cushion in place.

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
^^^ Mate that's one step off beaded seat covers the taxi drivers use lol

mpce

Crunching Gears
First Name
Anthony
Drive
Evo Recaros are the most favoured option.

Re: spankings - who else has seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail?? :)

What series evo seats are the best to go for or are they all good.

I have seen and also own Monty Python and the Holy Grail that scene is a great laugh, but I don’t think that’s the kind of spanking they mean. Maybe a holy hand grenade will fix my seat.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
^^^ Mate that's one step off beaded seat covers the taxi drivers use lol

Oi!

Those beaded things are awful, as are those enormous "back support" cushions you can buy. My solution is cheap, and it works. The stock seats are nothing special so it's not like you're sacrificing looks for comfort. :p

Top Bottom