Mr_Nismo is no longer!

G

Unregistered
Thought it about time to leave the nissan world behind and change my nick ...So mr_nismo is now takumi ...

My name is Paul W and I'm 31 going on about 22 years old ... I'm a fitness freak and compete in amatur triathlons, hence the need for a wagon to chuck my bike in the boot ...
I'm also a bit of a console gamer, I have a Playstation3, Nintendo Wii, Sony PSP, Nintendo DS lite ...
Previous rides were -
1990 Toyota Seca with a 20 valve 4age and microtech mt8. (same engine as the AE86 got in Initial D) hahaha, but I did the conversion before I saw it ...
1998 S14 200sx with HKS2540 Turbo, PowerFc, trust fmic etc, etc, etc, etc ...

Time for some V6 Twin turbo power ...

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
good.

nismo sux ass lol

mr_ralliart is taken ?

G

Unregistered
Good yo see that part of your life is now a distant memory, but don't forget that there will always be a little bit of nissan in you, until the day you die :p

G

Unregistered
Man ... you sure do ... like dots ...!

;)

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
mr nismo = takumi. right, got it.

Doesnt takumi mean popular or something, as in the phrase 'takumi tax on ae86s'?

G

Unregistered
Oh let me field this one!!

Takumi is the name of the main character in the Initial D Anime series. He drives an AE86 Trueno up and down a mountain each morning to deliver tofu for his Dad's shop and learns car control/drift along the way, then starts getting into drift battles and so on.

Great series, I loved it - as soon as it became popular AE86 Sprinters in Australia suddenly tripled in value with guys asking $10k or more for an Aussie Sprinter with a 4AGE when before initial d it might have fetched $3-$4k.. This is the Takumi tax. The more like Takumi's car, the more tax you pay (ie. if it has a Trueno front, LSD and is painted in the 'Panda' black and white colour scheme you had a gold mine!).

I love that phrase!

I wonder if the Wangan Midnight series is going to be able to push 240z and 260z prices any higher than they've already gone?!

G

Unregistered
I'm actually really hoping it won't, since I've wanted a 240Z for years but can't afford one yet. They're already over 20k for one in good condition with the bodywork done, so Wangan might cause - and probably will cause - the price to go over 30k for a good one.

G

Unregistered
Firstly - sorry to Paul if we're going a little OT here!

A friend of mine JUST picked up a 240Z which had been bare metal restored on a rotisserie, new interior etc. Very nice - picked it up for just under $20k. A few years ago I went out and looked at one in Chadstone (before they were expensive) it was straight, had only a little rust and was running triple side-draughts but needed paint and a new interior. The guy was asking $850 and I told him I'd take it off his hands. He said no and dropped it to $400 and I still didn't end up buying it!

Top Bottom