My auto gearbox goes wrong

G

Unregistered
Guys, help me please.
It's the second day I start my car, then set gearbox lever into Drive position, it does a punch into the transmission, and sets 2nd gear.
It doesn't change to any other gears except 2nd and rear (i mean, 1-3-4-5), during 1-2 kilometers, doesn't matter if I rev it high or stop the car. It doesn't go neither up nor down.

After 1-2 kilometers it accidently changes to 3rd while the car goes faster, and after that everything works OK till the next morning.

No errors from gearbox ECU nor from main ECU.

Gearbox is filled up to level with fresh MMC DiaQueen SPIII month ago (2000 kms since then), and outer oil filter was changed at the same time.

Gearbox oil doesn't look burnt or overheated, it has a good smell and colour, without any small pieces in it.

What can it be? and what should I do?

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Cry.... Thats what i would at a time like this

Sounds like the trans oil is too cold actually.... As odd as they may sound. How cold is it there?

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Check the vacuum hose that runs from the engine to the gearbox. It might have popped off or split.

G

Unregistered
Cry.... Thats what i would at a time like this
That's not the way I do :)

Sounds like the trans oil is too cold actually.... As odd as they may sound. How cold is it there?
+10 celcius this morning.

Scottie said:
Check the vacuum hose that runs from the engine to the gearbox. It might have popped off or split.
I'll watch the MMC ASA to check which vacuum hose is that.

G

Unregistered

Didn't find any vacuum hoses to gearbox in the ASA software. Will look for it under the hood.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Check the gearbox oil level is correct. Do you have any warning lights on the dash?

G

Unregistered
bradc, I already wrote:

No errors from gearbox ECU nor from main ECU.
That was read with a MUT-II scanner, and that also means that no warning lights on the dash are flashing.

Gearbox is filled up to level with fresh MMC DiaQueen SPIII month ago (2000 kms since then), and outer oil filter was changed at the same time.
Gearbox oil doesn't look burnt or overheated, it has a good smell and colour, without any small pieces in it.

That means the level is correct (at the middle of cold mark while cold, at the middle of hot mark while hot).

G

Unregistered
o.. i also had that problem
but once after i reset the ECU the next moring it works fine for 10 15 minutes and it stuck in 2nd, and reverse only
i still have no time to fix that, i was overseas but before i also change new oil and filter

before that happen, my car have TCL lights on and i was also thinking if the vaccum hose will make that happen too..

G

Unregistered
but the TCL lights gone now and i still got the problem...still fixing it

G

Unregistered
My needs more and more time to wake up and start working properly. It needs 5-6 km now..

whiteleg

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
98 Legnum
Alexander I had a similar issue when my mechanic installed a new gearbox, it just got stuck in second gear. He simply replaced a sensor from my old box and it was all fine after that.

G

Unregistered
Alexander I had a similar issue when my mechanic installed a new gearbox, it just got stuck in second gear. He simply replaced a sensor from my old box and it was all fine after that.

Which sensor was that?

Top Bottom