My First Service

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
I've just dropped my car off for it's first service Australian service.
WAYY overdue - I've done 5000kms since arrival - but it had been running perfectly and all fluids/oils seem in good order.

It's it for a changing of engine oil, tranny flush and AYC service.

Should be ready in a few hours. Hopefully they know what they are doing.

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Good luck Andy, youll have to post up how it feels after youve taken it for a post service spin.

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
:D :D
Car drives excellently.

BP Visco 3000 - 4.3lt
z142A Oil Filter
BP LS 90 Gear Oil - 0.8lt
TF CFS448 Transmission Filter
BP SP3 Auto Trans Fluid - 5ltr

Auto feels really smooth. No noise from the AYC. Not even on 3 bars.
I'm unsure how the Visco 3000 will go, as it's only semi-sythentic.. Time will tell I suppose.

ashneel

Crunching Gears
First Name
Ashneel
Drive
JZX100 Chaser
thats great to hear. where did yout ake it for the service? and also 3bar???

G

Unregistered
BP SP3 Auto Trans Fluid - 5ltr

thats the WRONG fluid, and its not a full flush, thats a sump dump and top up.

a full flush is 10L,

it will cause premature falure off your trans eventually,

nothing but mitsi's diamond queen atf or amsiol atf should be used as other atfs arnt spec'd correctly,

the atf needs to me HMF atf fluid (highly friction modified)
you can buy and HMF additive, made by lubegard, but it has to be mixed correctly or you could still have issues.

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
Grrr.. I thought that may be the case. These guys are the local Mitsubishi dealer/service centre too.

Autran MM-SP 3 is especially designed for use in most Mitsubishi front wheel drive automatic transmissions. These transmissions have unique requirements which cannot be satisfied with any other transmission fluid.

Autran MM- SP 3 is a direct replacement for Autran MM-SP 2 and can be used as a top-up fluid for transmissions originally filled with Autran MM-SP 2

Guess I'll have to get it back later in the week for a proper flush.

G

Unregistered
How much did mitsi charge for just the AYC service? Did they just change the AYC fluids?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
if it does say SP3 then it just might be the proper spec fluid, I'm not really sure though.

What I would suggest you do now though is to get 10l of proper mitsi fluid and do it correctly.

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
How much did mitsi charge for just the AYC service? Did they just change the AYC fluids?

0.8 ltrs of BP LS 90 Grear Oil - $8.60
It wasn't a full AYC service as such, just a top-up of one fluid. It did fix the groaning noise in the AYC however.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
0.8 ltrs of BP LS 90 Grear Oil - $8.60
It wasn't a full AYC service as such, just a top-up of one fluid. It did fix the groaning noise in the AYC however.

maybe i just need a top up then.. mine does it once in a while.. but ive been wanting to change the oil soon...

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
If you haven't had it flushed since you got the car, I don't know why you wouldn't get a complete flush done...

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
If you haven't had it flushed since you got the car, I don't know why you wouldn't get a complete flush done...

DITTO

Although I gotta say, check with the dealer you got it from!!!! We drop all, ALL fluids in compliance, others dont. Damn before a refil, I will have ya car dyer than a Nuns....... ya get it, I also recommend a 5k service for EVERYTHING turbo and 10K for n/a. *****DO NOT skimp on fluids****
Seriously, people harp on about cars that run water and not coolant, honestly , the wrong A/T fluid or engine oil will do more damage than no coolant (never run water, LOL) But you know what I am getting at...................I hope.
Cheers,
Jase

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Damn before a refil, I will have ya car dyer than a Nuns.......
Took me a while to work out what you meant there, Jase, until I realised you meant to say DRYER ;) :p

And yes in agreement with everything you said (although I think the 'ol grammar needs a bit of work :p:p:p)

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Took me a while to work out what you meant there, Jase, until I realised you meant to say DRYER ;) :p

And yes in agreement with everything you said (although I think the 'ol grammar needs a bit of work :p:p:p)

LMAO Sorry mate, that time of year ;) The missus and I had split a bottle of JB and a bottle of wine with friends by that stage :D

Top Bottom