My New Red Beast

G

Unregistered
as some of you may know from the cruise on the 30th, i was getting an AWD tx3 turbo, well last tuesday was the day it got her, and she flies! i've never owned an awd car before and i live how quick the takeoff is and how grouned the car feels, anyway here are some pics

side

sl370064s.jpg

sl370067.jpg

interior is immaculate

sl370068.jpg

my engine bay

sl370088.jpg

i love my plates

sl370066.jpg

hope you like, i know i do!

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
I'd have a better idea of what it looks like if I could fit the photos on my screen!

You need to resize them down!

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
^^^^^^^^ What Lee said.

We're not all running 1900x1200 resolutions!!!! :cursing:

G

Unregistered
um daihatsu ........ congrats on ur purchase u must be thrilled( pics.. are a bit big )
ill give u a head start ok

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
I used to know a girl who rallied one of these. She said it was indestructable.

Good work, it looks pristine :D

G

Unregistered
looks like a fun little rig, id love one with say 200horse that looks stock outside

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Congrats on the purchase. Looks very clean. Lower it an whack a set of white P1s on there and it'd look fantastic.

Make sure you buy a workshop manual and study up on the "how to remove your gearbox" section though.

G

Unregistered
also its only got 166,xxxkm's :D and yea i want some new wheels, Victor suggested black with chrome lip after we saw a tx3 with some on the weekend, it was a fwd shitbox but the rims looked awesome

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
White P1s would look cool cos you'd keep the red & white theme and the design of the wheels would make it look like an improved version of standard.

And also red & white is the best colour combination you can get. (y)

G

Unregistered
thats a good point i'll do a quick chop

MasqUAP

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dave
Drive
'98 VFR 800 / '92 Ford Laser Turbo / '10 Kia Cerato S
Make sure you buy a workshop manual and study up on the "how to remove your gearbox" section though.

+1 on this.

I have had a lot to do with KF / KH lasers (currently building a track KF FWD turbo, and I have 4 1.8L SOHC and DOHC motors in my garage at the moment) and I can't agree with the above more.

Be prepared to spend $1200+ on gearboxes each time you break one (and you will)

I can't stress enough, DONT DUMP THE CLUTCH, even while shifting, you *will* regret it.

Other than that, VERY fun car ;)

-Dave-

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Nice car. I always wished my BG Astina would have come with the turbo awd drivetrain.

Instead of attempting a conversion, I just went and bought a VR-4 lol

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
White P1s would look cool cos you'd keep the red & white theme and the design of the wheels would make it look like an improved version of standard.

And also red & white is the best colour combination you can get. (y)
red and white is so cliche lol.

i would go time time attack spec rims. black with red lip.

G

Unregistered
ok i've done some chops to see what the wheels you guys have suggested would look like, and thanks for the gearbox advice as well :)

P.S. not exactly accurate chops, so ignore stud patterns and brakes and stuff lol

black time attack spec with red lip
txturbstimeattack.jpg

white P1's
txturbswhitep1.jpg

but these are still my fave, black with chrome lip
txturbsblackwheels.jpg

G

Unregistered
ok, i've chopped in some "dumped" as scott suggested :) and i also made the sill panel grey to match the front and rear lips, i think it looks better and plan to do the lips and the sill panel gloss black or matte black at work sometime next year.

txturbsblackwheelslow.jpg

Top Bottom