US Nasu, My 96 Trigger Mauve VR4

blinkerfluid

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Abe
Drive
96 Legnum VR4
I am trying not to set a bad omen on this car, as I merely have it on reserve and had a pre-purchase inspection done. I had a 96 Legnum VR4 while I lived Japan for a few years, and I am looking to get into one again... and this may be happening quite soon. Nervous as hell.

Last edited:

blinkerfluid

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Abe
Drive
96 Legnum VR4
Elaborate..

Tein Flex w/EDFC, catback exhaust, 18" BBS wheels, this fluffy looking Mitsubishi boot liner, and one of the cleanest interiors for a JDM import to the US I've seen to date. It's cleaner then my '96 I had back in 08... in Japan! I'm already planning on removing the MMCS/trim and replacing with a standard double din head unit that does carplay, and other modern features.

So, a question:

Still have a good friend in Japan, so I'm looking at picking up a facelift ECU for extra power on the cheap. Through searching I've found others have had success with simply swapping over facelift ECUs to pre-facelift cars.. I assume I'll need to find a Type-S.

I found this post by @BCX:

EM2005
Found on ECUs with part number: MR340289 (plastic case only)
Cars with these ECU: Super VR4 Type-S 5A/T
Whats the deal with this ROM: TCL
Processor Type: 7202

EM2428
Found on ECUs with part number: MD362895, MR578137
Cars with these ECU: Galant/Legnum Type-S 5A/T
Whats the deal with this ROM: AYC
Processor Type: MR578137 - 7203, MD362895 - 7202

EM2381
Found on ECUs with part number: MD359138
Cars with these ECU: Galant/Legnum Type-S 5A/T
Whats the deal with this ROM: TCL
Processor Type: 7202

I speak Americanese, so I am having trouble finding a translation for "whats the deal with this ROM:" What does this mean?

My new car is 5AT, AYC ,TCL, ABS, and would like to have all my whizzbangs still work after the swap.

Also... you ever see one of these? Has the matching pad on the lift-gate panel.
1696021533213.png

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Nice, the bbs wheels looh great and ive never seen one of those boot linings before, very odd

blinkerfluid

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Abe
Drive
96 Legnum VR4
Thank you! The interior is extremely clean. Iā€™ll post pics when she arrives tomorrow. šŸ˜¬

Top Bottom