Need a car checked out

Squish76

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Brad
Drive
2001 Leggy, 2010 Voyager
Hey guys around Sydney, Dulwich Hill areas.
Wondering if someone would have the time to check out a car for me ?
I'm thinking of buying this "01" Leggy in Dulwich Hill but don't really want to travel 10+ hrs just to check it over and test drive it.
If anybody could do this for me I would be hughly greatfull
http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3195722

Squish76

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Brad
Drive
2001 Leggy, 2010 Voyager
yeah saw volk's car looks good and I will admit I like the white and silver ones. But (yep I'm gonna say it) it's just to far away sorry volk

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
Are you after a manual leggy in particular or auto, or galant etc?

Squish76

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Brad
Drive
2001 Leggy, 2010 Voyager
looking for a good manual leggy preferably with some mods, reliable that I'm not going to have to take to mechanics for much.

Tophler

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 VR4 FL Legnum w recaro and momo
The one in the first link is about 4 grand overpriced. Not bad but doesn't have recaros, has a few small blemishes, wheels look nice, still has stock brake calipers... for $7k it would be a nice car

Squish76

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Brad
Drive
2001 Leggy, 2010 Voyager
yeah id be making an offer. Being in a different state it could cost me near $2,000 for road worthy and reg depending on what is needed plus travel cost to get it

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
Thats a shame there are a few auto leggy in Vic for sale.

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
Too far from me but it was a good car back when Aamir owned it. Made around 200kw @ the wheels if i remember correctly
http://www.ozvr4.com/threads/aamirs-2001-leggy.9385/
Hey David u still remember its my car..good times..i was consider buyingy car back but just the wrong time..

Agree that it is overpriced..but when i owned it the car performed flawlessly and i have spent a lot of money on maintenance so for the potential buyer it should be a good buy at the right price..ofcourse i dont know how the current owner has maintained the car..

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
looking for a good manual leggy preferably with some mods, reliable that I'm not going to have to take to mechanics for much.

Do you do work on your own cars, if not get used to it to avoid seeing your local spanner flinger. These cars are getting on and can be pricey on maintenance. Just being honest.

Squish76

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Brad
Drive
2001 Leggy, 2010 Voyager
Hey David u still remember its my car..good times..i was consider buyingy car back but just the wrong time..

Agree that it is overpriced..but when i owned it the car performed flawlessly and i have spent a lot of money on maintenance so for the potential buyer it should be a good buy at the right price..ofcourse i dont know how the current owner has maintained the car..
yeah when I found out it had been yours Aamir I checked out some of your posts to see if you had any issues with it. Doesn't necessarily mean the current owner hasn't though.
may make an offer and see what he says I guess

Squish76

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Brad
Drive
2001 Leggy, 2010 Voyager
Do you do work on your own cars, if not get used to it to avoid seeing your local spanner flinger. These cars are getting on and can be pricey on maintenance. Just being honest.
do some work if or where I can,but admittedly it's mainly been holden and ford.

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
yeah when I found out it had been yours Aamir I checked out some of your posts to see if you had any issues with it. Doesn't necessarily mean the current owner hasn't though.
may make an offer and see what he says I guess

Oh agree that the current owner may have taken good care of the car. In fact when i sold my car to him i was confident that he would take good care of it..also its not mentioned in the add but the lower control arms have been replaced by myself with genuine parts and i only used genuine parts for maintenance. Also althought the owner has mentioned that the big service is done i did more than just change the timing belt and water pump..i changed all belts, seals, pulleys and a heap of other stuff. Also the coilover brand is tanabe sustec pro coilovers incase u were wondering..the exhaust is custom made and i got it done at castle hill exhausts in sydney..my only regreat was not going for stainless steel (its mild steel)..

Another thing to check will be whether the current owner has changed the clutch..if not u will be up for it soon..when i sold it 3+ years ago he got a mechanic to check the car and he said the clutch was slipping ever so slightly..

Overall my legnum was the best car i have owned..if this car is still for sale in 6 months time i will make an offer..all the best finding the right car.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
I think its priced well but all the others are underpriced, give it time and you could probably talk it down a bit. It's not in the same state as when aamir owned it though. Wheel rash, dirtier inside, scrapes in the front bar. All cosmetic though. Was a nice car. Might still be, worth a look for sure

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
I think its priced well but all the others are underpriced, give it time and you could probably talk it down a bit. It's not in the same state as when aamir owned it though. Wheel rash, dirtier inside, scrapes in the front bar. All cosmetic though. Was a nice car. Might still be, worth a look for sure
Steve it's still in NSW...Central Coast if I'm not mistaken...

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
state = condition ;)

Top Bottom