Need Help with ASC Relay

G

Unregistered
Hey guys, can someone with ASC do me a huge favour and go out and pull the relays from their ASC box in the rear passenger side of the engine bay and check what part numbers they are and if the look the same and have the same amount of prongs as mine.Thanks in advance guys.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1346028715170.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1346028715170.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 72
  • uploadfromtaptalk1346028758149.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1346028758149.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 73

hozza

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nathan
Drive
97 COTY manual legnum.(gone)
96 GTO MR
S13 silvia
Hey guys, can someone with ASC do me a huge favour and go out and pull the relays from their ASC box in the rear passenger side of the engine bay and check what part numbers they are and if the look the same and have the same amount of prongs as mine.Thanks in advance guys.

Hey mate they are the right relays with the right prongs. what's the problem.

G

Unregistered
Finally dug this up online
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.kiev.ua/Manuals/Galant_EA/Supplement/35.pdf
My error code is on page 35C-27, although the name here is Code 78. Accumulator Stroke Switch System as opposed to the manual from our site which reads Code 78. Pressure Accumulator Sensor System error. Can someone with a bit more mechanical/electrical/general knowledge please check out this link and let me know what I should be doing?

G

Unregistered
Hey mate they are the right relays with the right prongs. what's the problem.

Thanks mate, I am getting a problem with my ASC that I believe is Electrical, is your smaller left relay missing one of the pins from the bottom row of three? Would you be willing to give me a hand replicating my error in your own car to see if it can be caused by removing your relays and driving the car. If it can then I will replace my relays and see if that is the cause of all this drama.

G

Unregistered
Still struggling with this! I really need someone with ASC to lend me a hand. There has to be someone willing to help out.Anyone, please :001_unsure:

hozza

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nathan
Drive
96 GTO MR
S13 silvia
Mate im pretty sure it will be your stroke switch.
But I have no idea where it is. looked on asa and still no luck.

G

Unregistered
Thanks mate, the link to the flow chart a few posts up says stroke switch, I just don't know what's causing it not to do whatever it is that its supposed to do haha. Tats why I was hoping someone could do the test with their relays and see if it gives them the same fault, if it does I will try replacing the relays before I go crazy replacing bigger more expensive components.

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
It may very well the accumulators. They have a habit of failing on Magnas, and our TCL is almost the same system.

G

Unregistered
My ABS light is coming on when I hit 50 then staying there until I turn the car off and back on, then it goes away until I hit fifty again. Any idea what can cause this, its not showing any ABS codes, still just the ASC one. Could a wheel speed sensor or abs sensor or something be the cause off all my woes?

hozza

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nathan
Drive
96 GTO MR
S13 silvia
No that would come up as a different fault code and would cause your abs light to come on.

The actuators are in the pump mechanism hey?

G

Unregistered
I'm guessing so. Not very well versed in ABS/ASC/TCL, what a headache.

G

Unregistered
I'm still praying its electrical given I can make it come and go, and it seems linked to hitting a certain speed. My braking seems fine too, however I did get it to lock up for a split second the other day with the ABS light on and jamming my brakes on to the floor at about 50-60km's. I hope its not physically a problem with the accumulator, but an electrical problem causing it not to do what it does, but I just want to find out either way so I can fix it.

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
Sorry mate, i'm cant check for ya as mine doesnt have ASC/TCL.

Have you run through the flow chart from the factory manual as to what to check?

sanchez

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
rodrigo
Drive
legnum
Can you get a schematic or line drawing for the system in question? If you can send me the link and I'll work out a test electrically, for your relays functionality. It's interesting that it seems speed related. I haven't looked at any of the manuals but it'd be great to have some truth tables for the ecu input/output tables...

G

Unregistered
Thanks guys, I have run through the flow chart but interestingly I have found two diagnosis's for fault 78 with 2 separate flow charts, both which seem to point to to electrical or AYC ecu problems, I am working my way through it.
Rodrigo I will try and get hold of a wiring Diagram and PM it to you, you a bit of a whiz with electronics? Does your legnum have ASC by the way. lol.

sanchez

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
rodrigo
Drive
legnum
I test/commission stuff and write testing plans for fault finding systems.. So I've got a bit of a background in it, I havent really looked at cars but it's kind of irrelevant...

Danny

Idling at the Lights
Premium Member
First Name
Daniel
Drive
6A13TT A/T sedan 1998
Anyone solved this problem? I have the same, ASC error code 78 - pressure Accumulator Sensor System. It may be one of the sensors on ABS block but I'm not sure. Thanks for any help.

Baba Galant

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
John
Drive
Galant VR4 twin turbo 1997
Hi Danny. Do you have the ASC and skiddy car on all the time with the ABS coming on after hitting 50kmh?

Top Bottom