Neteru aka Mike // Orlando - USA

G

Unregistered
loving the site. its great to see these VR4's. Like most other Galant owners here in America, i wish the U.S. would have imported the VR4's over here too. :*(

anyway hope to meet some cool people and learn more about these machines.

good day

G

Unregistered
Hi Mike and Welcome to the forums ... Is there no way to get the import of the VR4 approved over there ?
In Australia someone has to seek the approval (Iron Chef) so the rest of us can enjoy the benefits of these fantastic cars.
Or u could always move to New Zealand where u can drive anything ...

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Welcome Mike, What engine is in the 99 ES Galant you have?

And Takumi, the whole LHD, RHD thing might be an issue for the US ;) I would imagine 6A13TT engine swaps would be easier than converting a VR4 to LHD.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
It will either be the entry level i4 or the big 3.0 v6 which is actually pretty quick :)

G

Unregistered
Welcome Mike, What engine is in the 99 ES Galant you have?

And Takumi, the whole LHD, RHD thing might be an issue for the US ;) I would imagine 6A13TT engine swaps would be easier than converting a VR4 to LHD.

i've got the I4 with the usual bolt-on mods. my car is 8 yrs old so i'm probbaly not even messing with the engine much more. its my daily driver and its reliable. i wish i had a 4wd vr-4 though. :)

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
welcome to the site,

I thought the v6 3.0 had a nice supercharger setup there in the US? well aftermarket anyway.. in TGC, I see alot of guys doing the 2.4ltr block/evo head conversion but still is FWD... has anyone actually done any AWD on these things?

G

Unregistered
welcome to the site,

I thought the v6 3.0 had a nice supercharger setup there in the US? well aftermarket anyway.. in TGC, I see alot of guys doing the 2.4ltr block/evo head conversion but still is FWD... has anyone actually done any AWD on these things?

no the USDM v6 dosen't come with any type of forced induction. they're all N/A from the factory although people have been adding after market turbos.

as far as the AWD conversion...i know there is a guy named Noel from California who *hinted* towards an AWD conversion. I have yet to see an AWD 8G here in the states though.

G

Unregistered
welcome dude! any pics of the your car? looks pretty decent from your little avatar pic :)

G

Unregistered
welcome dude! any pics of the your car? looks pretty decent from your little avatar pic :)

Neterustargate-2.jpg
Neterustargate-4.jpg
Neterustargate-gfgg.jpg
Neterustargate-fgfg.jpg

G

Unregistered
very nice! the colour and rims suit it perfectly! :)

G

Unregistered
thanx. the color is USDM "Tampa Blue Pearl". the RH wheels are 2-peice originally made for Evo's and STI's.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
G'Day Mike, and welcome to the site :)

Feel free to drool on the rides and chill with us... we're curious as well to see what the USDM Galants were like!

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
I'd actually be really curious to know how a USDM 9th gen Galant compares with an Aussie 380...

Jeff Denmeade

Idling at the Lights
First Name
JEFF DENMEADE
Drive
EVO 8
I actually imported two VR4's (1997's) into the US (CT) when I lived there. One was damaged but sold and repaired and is now in DC somewhere being driven around RHD and being very enjoyed. the other I imported damaged in the front already to be used as spares. But when I sold my driver I sold the parts car (complete) to a guy in Western CT who collects odd cars. He even had a Nissan GTi-R there when I dropped it off. the guy is a Fiero nut and is on the net under some Fiero name.

HOWEVER! Had I done more research before I bought my street VR4, I wouldve bought it from China as Mitsubishi there imported the VR4 in Left Hand Drive, which wouldve made life easier with registering it.

Regards
Jeff

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
the guy is a Fiero nut and is on the net under some Fiero name.

Fiero... now THERE's a car you don't see every day in Oz. I've actually seen a couple though. Unless it's a late model GT though, it was a pretty crappy car!

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Fiero... now THERE's a car you don't see every day in Oz. I've actually seen a couple though. Unless it's a late model GT though, it was a pretty crappy car!
Thank all things sacred for that. I looked at buying one about 10 years ago, what a nasty piece of kits, gimme an MR2 any day.

Love the USDM color (I even spelled it wrong for you, lol).
Is the 3.0lt the same motor used in local Magna's??

Top Bottom