Mitsubishi_Galant_Fortis_001.jpg

sickvr4

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
i don't mind it really. but then i will never buy a brand new car, so it doesn't worry me. i've seen lots worse

G

Unregistered
I like it, But a VR4 would be very exciting, i wonder why they arn't going to try one, look at the GT liberty/Legacy's, they are every where now days

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Isn't this a renamed Lancer ? or is it bigger than the Evo X ?

It is heaps better than that 380 thing !!

G

Unregistered
I think it is just the lancer that has been renamed depending on where it is sold. I think it was mentioned on ClubVR4 a while back

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
yeah it is being called the lancer in some countries and galant in Japan. I'm willing to bet that it could be either in NZ, but if it makes it to aussie it will be called Lancer.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Something scary - the wheelbase is 2635mm, same as a VR-4 and the track is 1530mm, compared to 1525mm in the VR-4.

If you're going to make a car called Galant, with that style of aggressive headlights and front bumper, with the same wheelbase and track as a VR-4, then bloody well put a twin turbo V6 into it!

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Well it looks like what will be the Lancer in Oz. And they are doing a 4wd turbo version *apparently* that will compete directly with the WRX. As far as I've heard/read etc, they will be doing a Ralliart Lancer, or I have heard there may be the return of GSR, but I doubt it.

I would say Ralliart Lancer would be they way they'd go. Looks farkin hot though, except the back...the backs look like an alfa rip off.

Here's a link to what I'm talking about :)
http://carsguide.news.com.au/story/0,20384,20846727-21822,00.html

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
I don't like the back either, it looks too short and squashed. It reminds me of the 3 series at the rear door opening, and an alfa from the back.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Compared with the absolute rubbish Mitsubishi has been making for the last 6 years, I think its awesome! Can't wait to see what they'll look like with aftermarket kits on them :)

Being the lancer, I think Mitsubishi would question the validity of releasing more than one performance version when they already have the Evo X. Would be fantastic to see them release a new larger engined AWD turbo wagon though ;)

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
There is a definite market for the ralliart lancer as well as the Evo. wrx's are still extremely popular and there not really much else in that segment of the market. The Mazda 6 MPS would be the closest but it's too expensive, you can buy an STI or an Evo.

Also, the Evo competes against the STi, not the standard WRX. So Subaru have their top of hte line performance model and their budget performer of the same car. The system works very very well. Mitsu should've been doing it ages ago.

The only problem I see is that they're still using the 4cyl. I would've been happier if I saw them working on a harder performing 6A13TT.

G

Unregistered
There is something very Proton Gen2 about the shape of the Lancer/Galant. Agreed - 6cyl would definitely have been a better option.

Leigh

Top Bottom