New GTR

M0R81U5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mick
Drive
PFL Legnum
I was on my way home from work yesterday when I spotted this in my rearview mirror.... (sorry bout the small pic, it was from my phone)

%3E
256.jpg

As we turned onto a nice straight stretch of road, I thought I'd give it a bit of stick to see what he'd do. My car is dead stock so not the fastest thing on the road, but the acceleration of the GTR is just something else, he pulled away like nobodys business and he definitely wasn't pushing it *that* hard.

A little further up we hit a red light and it just stopped like nothing I've ever seen before....and in the pouring rain too !

G

Unregistered
im fairly sure the brakes on those are worth like 9-10k so it should have stopped well.lol

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Carbon Fibre brake setup. Should stop pretty quick

Adrian

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Adrian
Drive
98 VR4 Legnum
Ive been up close and personal with one, had good look took lots of photos and even got taken for ride... man it went like sh@t on a hot spoon:)

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
Spotted one on Parramatta Road in Lidcombe yesterday always parked next the the Shell servo (you'll see it if you drive past on a weekday). It's a white one. Looks very sinister. I didn't know they had compliance for them already here?

G

Unregistered
one of these just won the targa west i was running some chicanes for..
was dead quiet, but it farking moved.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Haven't seen one in the flesh (motor show doesn't count) but this ranks as a "buy if you win the lottery" priority.

And good to see you're still alive mitchy :D

M0R81U5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mick
Drive
PFL Legnum
I know of at least one workshop (RAWS or whatever acronym they have for them now) that was about to be granted compliance for them a couple of months back.

Nissan Oz have also officially announced it ( http://nissan.com.au/gt-r/ )but this is the first I have seen on the road without trade plates or under CAMS regs.

the headlights still don't appeal to me!
I think the whole car looks kinda comical, there is something about it's proportions that just isn't right. Still an awesome car though ;)

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
They look much better in the metal than photos. And yes, they're very quick - the gearbox is even more impressive than the motor. Just one long surge of acceleration.

Having said that, it would be interesting to compare my car to one, particularly seeing I haven't told you guys what's under the bonnet yet lol

G

Unregistered
Having said that, it would be interesting to compare my car to one, particularly seeing I haven't told you guys what's under the bonnet yet lol

Well SPILL the beans whats it got. Or do I need to pay a visit once you get it??

G

Unregistered
They look much better in the metal than photos. And yes, they're very quick - the gearbox is even more impressive than the motor. Just one long surge of acceleration.

that's one thing i did notice actually, there was only a very small blip in the very quiet sound it made..

hopefully my chicane partner will have some video's up shortly, but this thing left the chicanes at a blistering pace.

anthony

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
tony
Drive
Rare Manual Legnum VR-4
i wonder why Nissan dont badge then as a skyline anymore?

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Nissan wanted to push the GT-R name further upmarket (in price and performance), and therefore didn't want to associate it with a base model car that Mums and Dads buy in Japan.

It would be like HSV building the W427 and still calling it a Commodore.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
It's a 7 litre commodore with an *ugly* body kit.

Truth be told, I'd prefer a Z-Tune or Nur over an R35 GT-R. I'd also prefer a 2005 NSX Type R

G

Unregistered
Awesome awesome car, but still not the most reliable car, as we found out, but car has sooo much potential.
Be nice to have one as ya race car and another in ya driveway, damn you steve :(

Top Bottom