NZ New member from the central north island

sidewayswizzard

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Justin
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4 96 Legnum VR-4
G'day guys,

I've been around for a while and now I've finally decided to actually become a member.
As the title suggests I'm from the central north island of New Zealand. I own two vr4's and they are my hobby, I'm lucky that one of them doubles as the family wagon. I'm half way through a Bachelors degree and I'm very busy with my own business but I do work on the cars when ever I have time.

The silver PFL is a 97, I've owned it for nearly 2 years, I'm the 4th NZ owner. Since I've owned it I've Added
Evo 7 wheels With 235 potenza RE001s all round
I've fitted some nice D2 coilovers, it came with Teins but I like the Height and Preload adjustment the D2's offer, plus they handle better and are much stiffer! and best of all they are real shiny and purple and stuff.
I added an Evo 4 steering wheel
Exeedy heavy duty clutch along with a manual conversion.
Face-lift interior.
Walbro fuel pump
Tomei adjustable fuel pressure regulator, braided fuel lines and AN fittings.
I did the cambelt, waterpump, tensioner idlers etc and all oil seals.
Front mount intercooler.
3" Fujitsubo and decat.
Brembo brakes all round.
And it has a coil on plug kit but it's not fitted yet.
It's tuned to 21psi and goes very well, it'll break loose in 2nd gear in a straight line with the potenzas, it'll get nice and sideways in 2nd and even 3rd with some coaxing although I generally baby it. I'm waiting on some upgraded valve springs next, and have some 262 cams on the way. Once they are fitted I guess the next step will be a turbo upgrade along with injectors, I'm leaning toward a big single although I'm still not decided, it also depends on when funds and time allow.

The other Legnum interestingly is a 96 but with a higher build number than the 97. I'm it's third owner and It's standard which is how I'll keep it, although I may lower it as I have a set of new super lows I've been saving.

sidewayswizzard

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Justin
Drive
Thanks Fred :) the only visual change coming for the silver one are some carbon fiber canards (dive planes not like the super ones) and a tow hook cover (y)

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Welcome aboard, Justin :)

Unclepaulie's infamous welcome template, version 15.15a

Stuff you need to know:
- Forum rules

Stuff that could save your life:
Do not buy aftermarket suspension parts, especially Lower Control Arms (LCAs)

- This is what happens if you don't replace your control arms
- Recall check using your chassis number

Useful threads:
- INDEX - Look here FIRST
- Guide to Galant & Legnum common problems
- The most important thread on the forum. MUST READ
- Staged Upgrades
- Legnum/Galant Production Info

Posting new threads is restricted by default, for full access become a Premium Member:
- Upgrade to Premium Membership benefits

Please read before selling anything on this site:
- Rules for posting in the classifieds

sidewayswizzard

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Justin
Drive
Murray, you mean the 96 Trigger Muave one? yes it's parked by the lake and yes I'm from Tokoroa :) you have a good eye I'm impressed :wideyed:. You're in Melbourne right? have you been around these parts?

Muzza

Idling at the Lights
Lifetime Member
First Name
Murray
Drive
Holden sv6
Legnum vr4
Haha i knew it.... i was born and raised in tok i thought that back ground look familiar.
Been in melbourne for about 11 years or so..
Nice cars keep up the good work.

Welcome to ozvr4(y)

sidewayswizzard

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Justin
Drive
Oh cool! that car-park is great for Hellis at night :D haha no I'm joking :ROFLMAO: Thanks for the welcome.

Top Bottom