NSW New member - Northern Beaches, Sydney

dennisdwiky

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Dennis
Drive
1999 Legnum Vr4
Hey guys,

Thought id join in the forum since i bought a 1999 Legnum Facelift series 2 about a month ago..
Used to own a Mitsubishi Lancer CE and was in another forum and forums tend to help heaps!!
Basically, got the Legnum as an upgrade since i got off my Ps a few days ago and have always wanted to have one since i saw one on a meet couple years back..

Im not that good with cars, but have decent knowledge of it and ive learnt few things over the years of owning the lancer, basic things like servicing, changing suspensions, all that small bits but have never worked on a turbo'd car..
I assume it would be sort of similar?

Anyway,
The legnum had some work done to it before i bought it over:
  • Denso Iridium plugs fitted
  • New Fuel pump and sock
  • 3 Port boost solenoid (I sorta know what this does but if someone could explain would be awesome!)
  • Dyno tuned and was boosted to 165kw at the wheels
  • Speed limiter lifted to 250km/hr
  • Tuned to run 98
  • K&N air filter installed
If anyone could suggest me some easy mods that i "should" do to make the car better would be nice!! :D
I was thinking of installing
  • BOV (was going with GFB?)
  • Coilovers

ps. wasnt sure to put on Intro or Members rides o_O

fubar

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Nathan
Drive
Galant VR4, 4Runner, Jaguar MkII, Jaguar XJR
Welcome to OZVR4 Dennis.

Our collective knowledge base will be along shortly to help with your questions.

Come on we're all busting to see your leggie so don't be shy, get some photos up so we can all drool.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Welcome aboard, Dennis :)

Unclepaulie's infamous welcome template, version 15.13d

Stuff you need to know:
- Forum rules

Stuff that could save your life:
Do not buy aftermarket suspension parts, especially Lower Control Arms (LCAs)

- This is what happens if you don't replace your control arms
- Recall check using your chassis number

Useful threads:
- INDEX - Look here FIRST
- Guide to Galant & Legnum common problems
- The most important thread on the forum. MUST READ
- Staged Upgrades
- Legnum/Galant Production Info

Posting new threads is restricted by default. For full access you need to be a Premium Member ($15 a year):
- Upgrading your account

Please read before selling anything on this site:
- Rules for posting in the classifieds

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
Get MCA coilovers through Steve from Transformance mechanical engineering (sponsor on here)

GMan

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jet
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Welcome to the club! Do show us some pics...

dennisdwiky

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Dennis
Drive
1999 Legnum Vr4
Get MCA coilovers through Steve from Transformance mechanical engineering (sponsor on here)
How much do these go for? i was thining BC Golds but if the MCA's are good, might aswell go with these!

Ill post some photos once the car is washed up, bit dusty atm

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
From what we Hear they are the best. Send him a PM and go from there
Edit $1500 and up

slickd1

Wizard
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matthew Dundon
Drive
1998 EC5W Manual Legnum.
Ive got BC golds and love them, but if I was getting a new set I'd go through @TME_Steve and get MCA, meant to be the bees knees in their price range, great value.

Get some photos up! @BFun is also on the northern beaches, as is a new member Danny I think. He makes the best gelato and sorbet in Australia, with the medals to prove it. And I used to be in Chatswood and still am up there occasionally.

Feel free to ask any questions you want, and we're usually happy to lend a hand with mechanical work if we're around.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Welcome Dennis. Same basic principles apply to the Leggy. There plenty of info on here. Search function is your friend. However, the list from mookers will be a good place to start.

BOV- depends what you want. Most of us run a metal BOV from evo 9's. No pscch noise but if you want to attract the boys in blue, and be defected, knock yourself out with. Vent to atmosphere.

Post some pics of your new ride

BFun

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S
Welcome to the forum! @aiwasaki is from the Northern Beaches, I'm located in Lane Cove North (but grew up in Terrey Hills, so very familar with the beaches!).

I have the MCA X-Rs in my car, corner weighed with the rear camber fix. Taking it to Marulan tomorrow to see how they go on track, but they've transformed the car. Still comfortable, but corners flat and very neutral.

They're. So. Good. Get. Them.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Bc vs mca. Really shouldn't be in the same sentence. Mca will be far far far far better than bc. Send me a pm if you want to talk about what would sit your needs :)

Fl0w

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Kalven
Drive
1998 Mitsubishi Legnum.
2010 Kawasaki ninja 250cc
1996 BMW 318I.
Hey mate, I'm also a leggy owner from the beaches.
Mines currently dead in the driveway though lol.

Top Bottom