new on the block WA

G

Unregistered
stumbled across the forum while looking for more info on legnums so i thought i would join. got a magna wagon at the moment and looking to get rid of it soon for something with a bit more oomph.

G

Unregistered
wooo, another WA person...

what specs you after in your leggy?

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
If your looking for more "oomph" you've found the rite place. Hope we can help you with some of the finer points in chosing your new ride.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Welcome to the forums, Nick! You've definitely come to the right place :) Finding the right car is quite an experience in itself, especially when you're talking about an import! :D

G

Unregistered
wooo, another WA person...

what specs you after in your leggy?

still deciding about that. trying to find the difference in the different types and what not.
prefer a manual though.
is there somewhere on here discussing what the difference in them is?

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Gidday welcome
I had the same question but decided that with the power that is pushed out by these cars and wanting to be able to eat and drink while pushing 130km and not having to slam through gears.....I went for tiptronic....gives the freedom of both

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Ohhh did I say 130 .... I ment 100 ...........;)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
LOL Kev :p

Nick check out the Wikipedia article on the VR4's for some intro stuff :)

Basically '96 & '97 is the Series 1, '98 to 2002 is Series 2 (otherwise known as the facelift). Series 2 comes in Type V or Type S, Type S has the high-vis dash, wheel arch flares and (most importantly) the AYC system. Series 1 all have AYC :)

There's a lot more to them than that - they came with HEAPS of manufacturer options. You can get an idea of most of them by looking around the forums, or check out ClubVR4.co.uk :)

G

Unregistered
are there many red legnums around. i have not see too many on here.
do they come stock with woo choosh valve and also whats the story with the super vr4 business

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Nick, Supers were a special release to clear out Mitsubishi's remaining stock of Series 1's. They were upgrades with Recaro seats, RalliArt exhaust, more interesting body kits and a host of other things, but only available in Silver or Red. More info can be found by reading through the forums :)

I don't think there is a red VR4 in Australia yet (correct me if I'm wrong, guys!). Red CAN look fantastic, but it fades badly, and to be honest I don't think there were that many cars available in the first place. Silver and white are by far the most common colours, probably followed by Trigger Mauve (purple). Black, red and blue are very rare.

Being a turbo, they do come with blow-off valves (BOV's), however the factory one is recirculating (ie plumbed back into the intake piping). Externally venting (otherwise known as Vent to Atmosphere, or VTA) BOV's are actually less efficient as well as attracting unwanted police attention, but lots of people like them for the sound. If you want such a thing you can always replace the stock BOV with an aftermarket VTA one, although I don't recommend it ;)

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Gladly :)

there was a red Legnum at Brisbane Unique Cars for ages - not sure if it sold.

cheers

Lee

I pass by there to and from work daily and I haven't seen it for a while. I do know that the price on it had been dropped (a lot) and that it was ready to go apart from rego. So I'd guess that it's been sold. And yes it had faded a fair bit. You'd need to keep the polish up to it.

G

Unregistered
thanks for all the info. from the few red ones i have seen they do seem rather badly faded but i was thinking of perhaps getting one then respraying it Sienna Red as i quite like that colour.

as for the BOV i was asking because i was hoping it didnt make any noise for the same reasons you stated. rather it be quiet.

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
If you did happen to get one that had a VTA BOV on it its a easy thing to change. could even go back to a stock BOV if you really wanted :)

G

Unregistered
Hey welcome aboard WA boy ... another tick to add to the Western side of Australia ...

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Gidday Nick!! Welcome to the VR4 Jungle, we've got fun and games!

SO where does my Green Legnum fit into the sceme of things? I had a Honda Accord in NZ that was the same colour ...... Sherwood Green ......everyone calls it black....have a look at the pic

Top Bottom