new problem ayc, tcl, abs - Now Fixed!

G

Unregistered
hey well got a new problem with the car put it up on axle stands and took all the wheels off ,the front sat a bit lower the the rear on an angle, was up there for about an hour or two, checked a few things, took the little plug just behind each brake caliper out and checked it and put back, but couldn't get the r/r one out stuck pretty good, put the wheels back on lowered to the ground and when i went to drive it it made a horrible sound just idleing down the drive and the green ayc bars started to light up did it for a bit down the road with green bars coming up then went away and the AYC came up on dash, and so did the ABS and the TCL off was on before as last topic but the little car sliding slideways next to it appeared now(both flashing), checked rear resivor it was full, any ideas

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Sounds like something is dragging on something. I'd simply re-inspect everything you did work on today and check it.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
have you checked your abs rings and see if anything is catching on them? just an idea...

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
i have heard this before as well, i was reversing out the drive way and it did it, all ayc lights came on and a horrid grinding noise. when i was out of the drive way reversing i started to drive forward and it still did it. i turned the car off waited a few minutes and it all worked fine.

still dont know what it was but once the computer was reset it was all good, must be something electrical or a basic turn off and on wouldnt fix it.

G

Unregistered
You should clean ABS sensors and check if the corresponding rings have all the teeth in the place.

And first of all - read all the errors from the ECU - it should say which ABS sensor gives wrong info to ECU.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
i have heard this before as well, i was reversing out the drive way and it did it, all ayc lights came on and a horrid grinding noise. when i was out of the drive way reversing i started to drive forward and it still did it. i turned the car off waited a few minutes and it all worked fine.

still dont know what it was but once the computer was reset it was all good, must be something electrical or a basic turn off and on wouldnt fix it.

Ive had this happen once, after i put a new battery in. Stopped the car straight away, turned it off for a couple of mins and i was on my way again, it hasnt happened since

G

Unregistered
well went right through and retraced all the steps i did first time round with no such luck, all lights still on that dragging or rubbing noise still there, so now sadly it sit at mitsubishi dealers waiting to be looked at man it's gonna cost me, but it's the wifes car and she wants it fixed, once thats done keep an eye out cos she wants to sell it:(. god my four wheel drive is easyier to work on.

G

Unregistered
well had the car in at the dealership getting fixed, items that were faulty were both solinoids for tcl (replaced) and the right rear abs sensor was total shagged telling the computer that the wheel wasn't spinning in turn making the diff noisey as hell, so all better and the pocket a lot lighter now,:bigsmile:

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I'm going to edit the topic title so that it shows fixed. Might help out a few people!

Top Bottom