Interloper

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2000 Legnum S Man, NX Paj, CBR1000RRSP2, CRF450
For offences:
Less than 10km/h: fines will drop from $260 to $150 but will attract two demerit points instead of just one.
10km/h to less than 20km/h: a fine of $330 will be incurred as well as three demerit points.
20 km/h to 29km/h: fines will increase to $670 and you’ll accrue five demerit points.
30km/h to 44km/h: a fine of $800 and seven demerit points.
Over 45km/h: there’s a $900 fine, nine demerit points and instant loss of license.
A $60 Victims of Crime Levy applies to each offence also.

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
I don't even know how demerit points work. How many can you accrue before you lose your license? 10?

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
I don't even know how demerit points work. How many can you accrue before you lose your license? 10?

i think its 12

Im guessing this restructure of fines will cash in on the fact that most people busted speeding are doing more than 10 ks over

Thats it, im moving away :p

Scradam

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Adam
Drive
Manual Series 2 VR4 Legnum
Far out, your fines are expensive!
In WA, <10km over is $75 and 0 demerits.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Close to nsw fine rates, we have 13 points now because everyone started losing their licence with 12....

eyecandy

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Adam
Drive
Evo VII GSR
What a load of shit, seriously. Fucking revenue raising faggots!!! Fatalities are going down, cars are safer etc etc and they still keep jacking shit up. Im lucky I have all my points at the moment but this is just insane.

Careful of the new cameras on the SE freeway that get turned on in December Andrew!

mfbamba

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Misagh
Drive
1997 Legnum
I got a fine on 23/6/12 doing 60 in a 50 zone for $312 in total. Didn't bother to check the breakdown in costs but that means levy was $52, which means you gotta count a similar levy on top of the $330? Is this right?

just read the bottom line from Andrew, that means a total fine of $390 if you are 10kmh over the limit wow

Interloper

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2000 Legnum S Man, NX Paj, CBR1000RRSP2, CRF450
What a load of shit, seriously. Fucking revenue raising faggots!!! Fatalities are going down, cars are safer etc etc and they still keep jacking shit up. Im lucky I have all my points at the moment but this is just insane.

Careful of the new cameras on the SE freeway that get turned on in December Andrew!

yes less than happy about that little development

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
I'm no fan of revenue raising schemes.

But let me play Devil's Advocate. It's really not that hard to stay within 10 kmh over the speed limit. I disagree that most people will be caught doing more than 10 over (especially when they realise how much it costs). I think that for the vast majority of offences, you're looking at much lower fines than before.

It looks like the new system is designed to deter people who are "really" speeding.

Now of course if the speed limits are badly posted, arbitrarily varied and stupid and hard to follow, what I said can be ignored...

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Speed cameras around school zones and built up areas... yeah ok

Speed cameras on good driving road... no thanks

Unfortunately around here the cops like to sit behind trees on the best bits of road

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Am I the only one who isn't phased by this? I don't speed so they can put cameras where ever and it doesn't bother me.

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
Am I the only one who isn't phased by this? I don't speed so they can put cameras where ever and it doesn't bother me.

No, I'm with you on that. I rarely speed and when I do it's usually only for a second after accelerating to 70 or something and then rolling down to 60.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
I decide for myself what an appropriate speed to travel is. I realise this means im braking the law half the time, but im an adult and ill make my own decisions.

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
I decide for myself what an appropriate speed to travel is. I realise this means im braking the law half the time, but im an adult and ill make my own decisions.

Your decision may affect others you share the road with though.

It's got nothing to do with losing control but more to do with stopping time. The faster you're going the longer it takes for you to stop no matter how good at driving you are, it's just physics.

mfbamba

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Misagh
Drive
1997 Legnum
For offences:
20 km/h to 29km/h: fines will increase to $670 and you’ll accrue five demerit points.
A $60 Victims of Crime Levy applies to each offence also.

It's true :cry:

The officer put the due date of the fine as the date the fine got issued. Is there any possibility I can say the fine is invalid because of this, or if I do will I just have the fine re-issued.

G

Unregistered
Unfortunately you will probably find that the house always wins, I've seen people take things like that to court before and get nowhere.

Xoxide

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
'98 Legnum
I did a thing....

SPEEDINGFINES.jpg

SA is the only state with the penalty of 9 demerit points.

incase its not clear, thats not between speeds, that fine amount @ that certain speed.

SPEEDINGFINESdemerit.jpg

Top Bottom