new years eve in melb?

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Im travelling from Adelaide to Melbourne for New Years Eve with my wife and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for where to go on the night? My plan was to head to federation square, but apparantly its a dry zone and I imagine it would be near impossible to walk in to any pubs nearby for a drink.

I was considering a river cruise but they cost $200+ (inc dinner and drinks).
Have seen a couple of places offering dinner and drinks package for $125 at docklands which could be alright.

Any other suggestions? We are staying in the CBD so dont want to venture too far.

Cheers guys

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
I'd invite you to my house but it's 40km from the CBD and there are a lot of young children in the (extended) family so on NYE we all get together and ring in the New Year at 9 pm and then go home to bed lol

Lasiorhinus

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Stephen
Drive
White FL Legnum
Where are you staying? A lot of the highrise hotels will have a good view out over the fireworks, ideally from your room :)

vr4jim

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jim
Drive
1998 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
generally fireworks are around the crown/dockland area so anything there will be busy, but great atmosphere

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
staying at Punt Hill on little bourke - cant imagine we will get any view of the fireworks. Thinking we might stay in till about 10, and then head down to fed square.

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
I am in melbourne this week as well, from thursday to sunday. Any recommendations of what to go see or do?
Wont have a car, so prefer within the cbd or easy transport.

Thinking about heading to down St Kilda.

Top Bottom