Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Kristian:
Sounds great! pity you're busy this weekend though :( I'll give you a call probably tonight (bit hard from work here, to many ppl listen to phone conversations but not typing hehe) to discuss further. I'll probably come for a look during the week and my wife wants to drive too, so that may be the following weekend.

Cheers
Lee

G

Unregistered
awesome kristian, im up that as well, golden grove in fact. ill sort something with you either over the weekend or early next week to tee up a quick drive next weekend if possible, if my request in the SA section is to no avail :)

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Most general service parts (oil/fuel/air filters, spark plugs, fan/timing belts) can be sourced through the right Mitsi dealers with the right product knowledge, but I wouldn't count on a great reception if ya try and book it in at one.
It's been well over 15 years now since Nissan S13 and R32's became popular but most Nissan dealers are still loath to touch them.
Just jealous IHMO as they are stuck trying to flog shitty Maxima's

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
The right Mitsi dealers, being the ones in NZ - Mitsubishi Oz is hopeless...

I took my Galant down to Australian Motors, supposed Ralliart reps, and their only comment was rambling about how they had an FTO in there once and how much it cost to get parts. Tossers.

Even when the parts were common with Aussie models, it was still cheaper to get them from NZ and pay the customs and shipping - go figure.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
tomorrow, I will get quotes on part's prices.. hopefully its not as dear as autobarn or repco..

G

Unregistered
Is there any or much difference between the vr4 type s and type v?

ive done a bit of hunting around and all i can find is that the type v doesnt have those cool looking wheel arche flares and is 20kg lighter...

"Legnum VR-4 Type S (auto) 206kW / 1570kg (IL4 Engine) -- 131kW / tonne

Legnum VR-4 Type V (auto) 206kW/1550kg (IL4 Engine) -- 133kW / tonne."

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
also doesn't have AYC or in early 1998-2000 cars had the boring dash, not the cool light up hi-vis dash

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Yup no AYC.. That's why Kristian is sourcing me a facelift type S :) well, trying.. there's not much at Auction in facelift models at the moment...
have to remember... PATIENCE!!! Im hoping to find a car within 4 weeks... fingers crossed

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
if you just want a facelift type s it won't be hard to find one. But if you are specific about colours, transmission, sun roof, leather/recaro's then be prepared to wait a long time!

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Im sort of picky but still somewhat general - White or silver, facelift, in auto. Sunroof, leather/recaros are all just nice to haves for me. Shouldnt take too long for that combo in a decent condition to come up, I know Kristian will find what i'm after.

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
I bet ya wish ya came into work a week earlier Lee :drool:

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Yes & No.... Yes to see/drive almost excatly what I would be buying, NO because I may have been tempted to spend WAY more than I was budgeting LOL

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
Fair call, although you do get a 3 month warranty, free first (5K) service and rego for the extra dosh. Just make sure you remember me when ya get ya car and need it serviced ;)
To anyone else in SA reading this I am in negotiations with the boss to offer a 5% discount on service to all OZVR4 members. As I control parts I can offer this anyway :ROFLMAO:

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Dont get me wrong, as far as car yard goes, it probably was a reasonably good deal. If you wanted local from a yard, I would definately see you over the dodgy ppl at Motorwell any day!

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
lol, I haven't been down there, but we do put a lot of effort into presentation and quality of all our cars.

G

Unregistered
lol i went down today to motorwell just for a looksee...all i can say is they are seriously dreaming!

they have an auto black type v facelift which is in shocking condition! the doors are stiff to open and squeal like a teenage girl, and scratches everywhere!

the other facelift is a '02 model (08/02!), manual, no sunroof, 77***kms, decent condition and rusty/salty residue brakes & underbody!

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
LOL fair game, i doubt he was looking that hard brad!

I didnt realise motorwell are also an import yard, on top of the falcodores etc they sell

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
I don't think they are, prolly got some deal with what sounds like a dodgy importer. Not a single car, NOTHING goes into our yard with a single mark on it, let alone scratches or squeeky doors.
Honestly, I know our cars seem expensive but I doubt anyone could fault them.
Cheers,
Jason

Top Bottom