NSW Newbie from North Coast NSW

picka23

Idling at the Lights
First Name
picka
Drive
Galant Vr4
Hey Guys
I signed up a couple of weeks ago and have been stalking the forum and getting some awesome info, but i thought it was time to say hi. I bought a 1998 Galant VR4 a few weeks back after selling my FTO to get a back seat and some boost again and so far for the very short time that i've owned it im stoked. It's pretty much stock atm as i was waiting and searching for ages to find a blank canvas so i can do what i want to it without finding other ppl's dodgy work.
Basic info is that its a 98 facelift model with only 50.000km on the clock, pearl white with carbon fiber stereo surround. engine is stock, suspension and wheels are stock and doesn't even have an aftermarket exhaust.

I've already found a very minor hairline crack in the top tank of the radiator which i'm just going to replace with an alloy one and replace all the hoses while im at it. I've found the sponsors forums which i've already found a shopping list to spend on, the cars off the road for the next 6mths so i'll defs being using those resources.

Attachments

• VR4.jpg
    VR4.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 18

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit

GMan

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jet
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Welcome! Only 50,000 Km -- nice find.

picka23

Idling at the Lights
First Name
picka
Drive
Galant Vr4
Thanks guys, I won't be around to drive it for 6 months so I'll be stockpiling parts, first up it's just going to be the basic stuff like overhaul the suspension, rims, tint, upgraded fmic, and hopefully if I find a decent aftermarket reflash for the ecu

Akys

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alvin
Drive
1996 Trigger Mauve Galant VR4
Welcome. I used to own a FTO too. But got wrote off.
VR4 need some TLC due to age, but after it is done, you will totally enjoy it.
Good luck with the parts hunting.

Oh and in regards to ECU reflash, TME Steve is our local trader and tuner. Lots of people can assure his workmanship/tunemanship(if this word exist)(y).

picka23

Idling at the Lights
First Name
picka
Drive
Galant Vr4
Thanks @Akys there's a few little things to fix and change but overall I'm really happy with it. Thanks i saw there sponsors forum so I'll check them out

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
Welcome. And hope u have many years of enjoyment. I have. Lol

Top Bottom