Nissan ripoff!!

smitty

Sm'arter than the aver'age bear...!
First Name
Alex
Drive
98 FL Galant Type S Manual, FG XR6, VY Acclaim, MQ Triton GLS
I picked up my Navara today from the local Nissan dealer after getting a service done (40,000km) and nearly had a heart attack when i got the bill.

$1111.70

Now the brake pads did have to be replaced, as did the rotors (rotor supply was covered under warrantee yet labour for fitting was not)

Even so, does anyone else find this a touch steep???

SupremeMoFo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Evan
Drive
MY01 Magna Sports
Itemised listing might help, what did they charge you for the brakes (front AND rear?) and what's involved for the 40,000km service?

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
To need new pads and rotors at 40,000kms is a disgrace. What are they made of? Cardboard?

SupremeMoFo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Evan
Drive
MY01 Magna Sports
Given how Dad's (employer-provided) D22 Navara rapidly deteriorated into a shitheap with just 50,000kms I wouldn't be surprised.

G

Unregistered
40k and u kill ur brakes i call BS. even Evos dont cost that much to replace. unless u do front and rear.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
One of my mates did the brakes and rotors in his back yard for me, with 2 jacks and a tool box, and they were done properly.. How the hell can they justify $1111 to do that in a work shop?!?! Whatd they take 9 hours straight to do it?

It cost about $8-900 or something for me to buy the rotors myself, performance ones, and if they were covered under warranty then WTF?!?!

Top Bottom