Nissan X-Trail GT - Anyone know much about this from an import perspective?

James

Crunching Gears
First Name
James
Drive
1999 Facelift Peal Legnum VR4
Hey guys,

Been a while since I posted on here!!

The Legnum is up for sale due to wanting a more camp friendly vehicle... for you guessed it.. Camping!

Actually looking at X-Trails and Outlanders around the $15k mark... I know there is an X-Trail GT with an SR20VET motor... Would be a sweet ride I imagine..

Just wondering if any importers on here have imported them before? How similar the parts are to the locally delivered ones (apart from engine), and also if anything was released with an SR20VET in Australia that would share same engine parts.

Thanking you muchly! (y)

James

Crunching Gears
First Name
James
Drive
Hmm I was suspecting that too... There is one on carsales and he said he privately imported it from japan..

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
I thought you could get these with the SR16VE also but can't see it on the Wiki site :(

G

Unregistered
not available for import, and they are rare as hell...but the 20VET motor is insane!

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Strange they would have an engine like that, & put it in a vehicle like that?

Still, debdge it & could be a decent sleeper. My ex-mother in law had a base model X-Trail that drove like a waterbed. The aircon vents also didn't reach high enough to actually cool your face.

Donkay

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Don
Drive
Mitsubishi RVR
The Sr16ve only came out on the VZR pulsar's (n15 sss pulsar but 2 door) absolute fantastic to drive!

And yes... the Sr20vet would be great! (Wanted one in the day in my pulsar, but doesn't line up) but the only closest in engine parts to this is the Sr20det..

And as answered, personal import

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
It's simple:

1)Buy x-trail.
2)Forget abou the VE motor.
3)Put in 20det + bigger turbo etc. & still make way too much power.

casuarina26

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Phil
Drive
2010 Skoda Octavia vRS 125TDI, 02 Hyundai Elantra
Galant was been Sold
It's simple:

1)Buy x-trail.
2)Forget abou the VE motor.
3)Put in 20det + bigger turbo etc. & still make way too much power.

That's the easiest way to go 20det are cheep as chips & plenty of spare parts

might even consider it for a project, mmmm:)

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
There is a turbo black one on carsales (well there was a month or so ago) for 14k. Had about 180kw..

G

Unregistered
The Sr16ve only came out on the VZR pulsar's (n15 sss pulsar but 2 door) absolute fantastic to drive!

And yes... the Sr20vet would be great! (Wanted one in the day in my pulsar, but doesn't line up) but the only closest in engine parts to this is the Sr20det..

And as answered, personal import

Closest thing to parts would be the SR20VE not the SR20DET.

James

Crunching Gears
First Name
James
Drive
Yeah trust me, when we do get our X-Trail, it will have mods... Obviously not expected handling like the Leggy, but the off road usage is the whole reason for the purchase..

I'll stay on the forum when I sell the Legnum and keep you updated if you're interested. Just need someone to buy me car first! Static market at the moment, no cars are budging!

Top Bottom