Normal Idle speed? How to Adjust?

G

Unregistered
they normally start at 1500rpm or so, then drop down to 600-700rpm once they are warm.

do a search for idle stepper motor on cvr4 and you'll find heaps of results about this problem.

im agree with brad , the car will keep 1500-1800 until ur car is warn ..
it will drop to 500-600rpm

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
by the way im stupid and realised that it wasnt 400-450 it was more like 500-550, which was still pretty bad. Haven't had the problem lately, its pretty happy sitting around 650 at its lowest (now that i have the S-AFCII its easy to see..)

shanghaiboris

Idling at the Lights
First Name
juan
Drive
galant
mine also starts at 1500rpm and goes down to 800rpm when warm and around 600rpm with load.
however, is it normal for the rpm to slowly go down when revving the engine?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
That is perfectly normal, most cars start at higher rpm and slowly drop down as the engine warms up

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
on cold mornings mine revs at 2grand on startup and drops to 1400 or so, then down to 800 once it warms up, but i also have a very lumpy low idle.. im talking maybe 500 and the car sounds like its got cams in it... i gotta get that sorted out

Johnny_k

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Johnny
Drive
97 COTY Legnum & 09 Astra
Hey guys. Been reading this thread. In Neutral mine sits bout 1400 and reduces to around 8-900 when under load. Whats the thoughts on that.
Neutral seems high and even under load seems a little high. Ecu been reset and done about 50ks so far. Have got new plugs in, and to clarify, this rev range is at temp and without aircon running.

rooks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2005 ST246 Caldina GT4
At cold start mine sits at 1500rpm, high enough not to accelerate when I release the clutch on first gear.
My question is does the idle speed screw affect the rich/lean ratio of the car? If the screw is all the way in (clockwise) does it cause the car to run rich hence noticeable fume smell from the exhaust? Or am I getting the idea mixed up here?
Does the screw need to be 'tuned' accordly?

Johnny_k

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Johnny
Drive
97 COTY Legnum & 09 Astra
Bump on this as i just used this to adjust my n & p idle speeds and it wound down all the way ( 2 full turns) and i only got it down to 1100

Top Bottom