Not a bad Pioneer double-din stereo

Caveman

Crunching Gears
First Name
Paul
Drive
2000 Galant VR4 Type V
That HU looks great.......and the JB-Hifi price is pretty good too.

If the leggie I end up with doesn't have a HU, I'll be checking that one out.

G

Unregistered
My mate has this exact one, They are awesome, i want one, NOW

I also want to know where i can get one for that price, i got quoted $1500 plus install about a month ago

G

Unregistered
The unit itself looks pretty sweet, but that interface on the screen looks horrible! Looks like a user-made Winamp skin from 10 years ago *vomit*

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
I saw one of these a while back but at the price originally asked for it I dismissed it. Well if they are at JB at around $1300 I think I'm getting interested again.

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
JB-HIFI essendon are selling them at that price, mp3 dvd disc is a great feature, with that there is no need to purchase the ipod connection because 6 dvd discs of mp3's surely is gonna be enough storage to have yea???

The reason i was told they selling at this price is autobarn advertised for around $1450 so they didn't want to be beaten and reduced the price, remember JB are not afraid to go below cost on the fact it draws customers into the store i purchased my video camera at below cost i didn't believe them until i spoke to the manager of a camera shop when looking and comparing

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
I purchased one of these today, $1375, was $1389 ticket price asked if could do any better, came back at that price and said "thats at cost" so pretty stoked with the whole thing

G

Unregistered
Very nice at that price - supports MP3 but does it support DivX??

If it does I would buy one right now!! :)

Would also be good if it supported Sat Nav / GPS software etc as well :)

But I am just greedy!

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
It can do sat nav but needs a separate unit which needs its own remote, you can't control it from the headunit itself the kenwood and JVC ones have an option the plug into which lets you have sat nav and control off the screen, i'd say pioneer will bring one out sometime but i'm not fussed i don't like sat nav much, i don't get lost much.

Don't know about the DivX it dose have a MPEG 2/1 Decoder but that all i know so far

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
I purchased one of these today, $1375, was $1389 ticket price asked if could do any better, came back at that price and said "thats at cost" so pretty stoked with the whole thing

hey can you post some pics once its installed? wouldnt mind seeing what it looks like in a Legnum/Galant

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
Good stuff, here goes a quick pic, i didn't fit the surround to cover the little gap around it, you need to cut it a bit, but it fits nicely anyway. It only took me about five beers to install and that included having to take the front door panels off to re-wire the front speakers...

Attachments

• P8270182 (Small).JPG
    P8270182 (Small).JPG
    22 KB · Views: 49

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
Hey that looks good, i cant even see a little gap there.

it looks like a good system if you have the double din hole in your dash.

cheers for the picture. :D

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
That does look good... now to convince the wife that we need one.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Hook it up to a reversing camera that overrides other screen display automatically when reverse is engaged...!

G

Unregistered
My friend has this on his as well, he got a $70 camera off Ebay, and hooked it straight up, with his you can also watch it while driving down the road, which is very crazy to watch :p

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
Yea the reverse cameras just plug straight in and you can select it or attach a wire to the reverse lights which makes it automatically switch to it when reverse is engaged

Top Bottom