not sure about buying a legnum

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Wow, this thread is a bit harsh.

I have noticed within the mechanic industry a blind 'they're unreliable' attitude when it comes to Mitsubishi in general. I find it comes from the lack of knowledge, experience and aptitude it takes to actually service these cars correctly. They ARE picky with oils, they ARE picky with tolerances, but these are Japanese cars and Japanese cars ARE like that regardless of manufacturer. It's laziness on the mechanics' behalf for not doing the correct research before grabbing tools. They are supposed to be professionals after-all.

I believe your mechanic's response to be a knee-jerk reaction to the fact that he can't service them properly himself either due to no experience or not enough knowledge.

They are very reliable, the only things that have gone on my car have been due to my carelessness or my stupidity. In both cases they were pretty easy to source new parts and replace. I'm talking about a diff and a transfer case shaft here too. Big jobs, but not hard. We've even a thread on how to make your own AYC controller so you can service it yourself, which I have done and it's very simple.

By using the guides on this site, you'll almost never have to risk your car at a mechanic who lacks the knowledge to service these properly.

There are a few workshops who can do the work properly and understand these vehicles. You will find them listed in the VR4 friendly workshops thread.

G

Unregistered
well thank you for all your help! Some people were a little harsh, but thats what i love, dont beat around the bush just get straight to the point, im going to like it here!

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
I've done 70,000kms during 2.5years in mine. Have had zero mechanical issues, and completed all servicing on my lonesome, often while laying on gravel..

G

Unregistered
Heh heh... I got two already, trying for a hat trick...

Hey Derek, I just got confirmation I've worked some voodoo of my own ;)

Another Legnum owner will joining the ranks soon.

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Wow, this thread is a bit harsh.

But not unfriendly! There's a big difference, plus we really need to make sure people know where we are coming from with this place and how its run.

well thank you for all your help! Some people were a little harsh, but thats what i love, dont beat around the bush just get straight to the point, im going to like it here!

See!

Looking forward to meeting you Andrew. Come down to the next wash meet and I'll give you a ride to help you make up your mind :D

Top Bottom