[NSW] AWD Dyno Day 18th July 2009

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
We'll see Dimi ... we'll see. Silver with the red interior just does not match. Don't know why they chose to paint them in silver at all. Should have all been red.
Yea I got lost & had to double-back about 10 times to find the place. Their sign is so small from the road! :angry:

I saw Emanuel taking pics with his camera yesterday so fingers crossed he'll upload them soon. I saw him at least taking pics of my engine bay.
Congrats to him too for taking top slot! Of our cars hehe...

merlin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
Evolution IX
Irwin, did your car run your "normal" boost level on the trip home?
Was wondering where the boost went, and thinking maybe the dyno guys got a hose connection wrong. Probably silly idea.

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Dave,

was it Colby at TACTRIX, as in colby @ tactrix . com

probably an idea if some of us, ask him nicely to get the work on the MH7203 ECU bugs sorted. Do you think he'd mind being swamped with emails??

G

Unregistered
Irwin did 2 runs.
Low boost ran 121 KW or so if i remember correct.
Higher boost ran 139.6 KW. think it was around 11 psi
I ran 139.5 KW with 12 psi i think.

Both our cars are stock autos except that he has cat back EX.

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Irwin, did your car run your "normal" boost level on the trip home?
Was wondering where the boost went, and thinking maybe the dyno guys got a hose connection wrong. Probably silly idea.
Hey Dave, yes I was running on 8psi (maybe 9psi) on the way home after the run.

I was too thinking where the hell that 12psi went! That morning before heading to Pulse, I double checked all my pipings, vacuum lines and my BOV and to be honest, all are tight!

I keep looking at my dyno sheets and on my first run made 120kw at 9psi and looking at the graph, it maintained the boost level.

Then on my second re-run which I have set to 12psi, I just made 139.6kw but I noticed my boost level started ok then it drops to 10psi.

Mods I got is EBC, K&N panel filter, Aftermarket IC, Hard Piping, CatBack Exhaust.

G

Unregistered
Yea my manual one does the same and its a goos quality dual stage manual boost controller not a cheapy.
even at spiking to 15psi it always finds its way back down near 10psi.

I made a new thread as was told it might be our actuator springs

http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114162#post114162

Hey Dave, yes I was running on 8psi (maybe 9psi) on the way home after the run.

I was too thinking where the hell that 12psi went! That morning before heading to Pulse, I double checked all my pipings, vacuum lines and my BOV and to be honest, all are tight!

I keep looking at my dyno sheets and on my first run made 120kw at 9psi and looking at the graph, it maintained the boost level.

Then on my second re-run which I have set to 12psi, I just made 139.6kw but I noticed my boost level started ok then it drops to 10psi.

Mods I got is EBC, K&N panel filter, Aftermarket IC, Hard Piping, CatBack Exhaust.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Emanuel, if you have a boost gauge, plumb it in on the wastegate side of the MBC and see what it reads. That'll let you know if your boost controller is doing its job. If it goes up and down I would be checking your MBC. :)

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
I also want to see this camry Dimi is apparently driving around :p

Yea Hugh it's this long black Camry with this long boot & an odd looking front end. Never seen one like it before :p

We were talking about your door handles too, with the extra piece with the light built-in, & how shithouse mine looked in comparison.

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
Haha I'm just waiting for some of the Mitsubishi Club guys to post up the rest of the photos of yesterday and i'll collect them and post them up here soon :)

Top Bottom