[NSW] CTP Greenslips - Where and how much?

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
As the title says.... Where are you getting them from and how much are you paying?

Mine is through GIO for BOTH cars (as everywhere else tells me they "don't exist") and they are hitting me up this year for $538!!!!

It seems the older I get and more years experience driving I have makes my CTP go up. Last year It was $497 and the year before that it was $440

I'm thinking of pulling the pin on GIO and going somewhere else but I need some good recommendations :)

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Mine is with NRMA.. I pay $428 I think

I'd have to get back to you about the price, as my form are at home! I'm just going off memory of -some numbers- lol

Okay, I'm making 2 payments of $325 so I think mine is around the $600-650 mark! ****

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Same age and same car bro, so looks like I might be giving them a call! Save over $100!!!! w00t!

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
Dawso.

Check out the green slip comparison feature here:

http://prices.maa.nsw.gov.au/

It's a useful aggregator where you only have to put in your details once, and it gives you the green slip quote from all of the major insurers.

I think you will find that AAMI will be close to the cheapest. I pay $389 a year for my green slip with them. This is for an over 30 driver with no claims in the past 5 years.

I know for certain that AAMI have our cars on their system now because when I first rang up to get a quote, they asked for all of the car's details so they could enter it into their system.

If you have comprehensive insurance with Just Cars, you may also be entitled to a multi policy discount (Just Cars being an AAMI related company).

Hope that helps - and reps if it does ;)

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
All prices on there range from $622 to $643 for me :(

I do the 6 month one cos it's cheaper up front LOL

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Great link Bruce, have some rep! :)

GIO is cheaper with the online evaluator, by $45!!!!!!!

CIC-Allianz is the cheapest for me at $482 for 12 months. Still heaps better than my GIO quote! I'll give just car a call and see if I can get multi-mutli policy discount ;) (Both my cars are insured through them lol)

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
Great link Bruce, have some rep! :)

GIO is cheaper with the online evaluator, by $45!!!!!!!

CIC-Allianz is the cheapest for me at $482 for 12 months. Still heaps better than my GIO quote! I'll give just car a call and see if I can get multi-mutli policy discount ;) (Both my cars are insured through them lol)

No worries Dawso.

If you have both of your cars insured with Just Cars, then I would definitely give AAMI a ring (rather than going through a website quote).

Tell them that you have 2 policies with their related company Just Cars and you want a green slip quote that takes this into account.

I see no reason why AAMI would charge me $389 and charge you a higher amount, unless of course, you're an 18 year old P plater with 6 speeding fines ;)

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Nah, 22 with nothing (claims/fines) in the last 3 years :D

Which reminds me, new thread haha

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
I'm 30 no claims $484 with NRMA

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Just paid $480 with multi policy through GIO who own AAMI who own JustCar.... Who knew lol

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
You guys all suck with your cheap prices LOL

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Under 25 dude.... Its gay I know. Make sure you declare you have Comprehensive insurance and then go for multi-policy discount. Saved me $80!! :)

G

Unregistered
Damn i wish i knew about this multi policy stuff. Paid $630 thru aami just last week... Why did'nt you make this thread earlier! :(

G

Unregistered
we now do green slips here at shannons...as long as you have your car insured with us at the same time.

we're pretty fkn competitive, infact every ctp quote ive done we have been cheaper! we use gio for our greenslips and we are actually cheaper than them lol.

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Well, my rego is up and due on the first week next month. So did used the MAA calculator and f**k me!!! My rate has doubled from $370 last year to $623! WTF!!!

Who do I need to f***in shoot as this is absurd!!!

Top Bottom