[NSW] Next meet....Cruise this time?

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Hey guys, just wanted to throw some ideas out for a cruise for our next meet.

If we give it enough notice in advance we could make a nice day of it. My proposed cruise would be:

Meet: Sydney Olympic Park, P6F
Route: Great Western Highway till Mount Victoria, cutting across the mountain and then jumping on to Bell's Line of Road and coming back down.

Depending on how we're going, we could also then come back through Richmond, head up Springwood Road (that is a blast) and then join back onto the Great Western Highway. From there we could meet back up at Penrith Panthers' carpark and either say our goodbyes there or head off to somewhere to eat/drink (not alcohol lol...we have to drive!) etc.

The route is nice and hilly with lots of winding bits.

All my cruise ideas head into the mountains as it's what I know best so my apologies for not including the city as I have no idea where anything is past parramatta haha!

Other ideas would be heading out to Jenolan Caves, it's really twisty and can be a little bit hairy in the last section, but if you're sensible you'll be fine. It is a fair drive out there though. We could take Bells Line of Road to Mt Vic (better road) and then cut across and join up to the Great Western Hwy and then up to Jenolan Caves Road.

There is a nice spot just before it gets to the real skinny section where we could stop and have a chat and perhaps have lunch there (would have to bring pre-made food etc. Plenty of room for the legnums to bring eskys :p hahah)

Anyway, I'd love to make a day of it as I think it'd go really well!

Let me know what you think, feel free to chop and change the idea. I'm open to all suggestions :D

Cheers!

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
Nice idea KB. Hopefully my car will be on the road when this happens. If it is, you know i'll be there.

How about extend the cruise up to Bathurst? Line up all the VR-4's on the grid and take photos :D

G

Unregistered
All the idea's sound good to me, and the further away from the city traffic the better.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Bathurst is definitely a possibility! I wasn't sure how far people were willing to go.

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
Bathurst sounds great to me i would make it back for it. and i know that fred is orange and steve is bathurst so we should all be able to make it.

but i am cool either way i gues to get to sydney to start the meet when i am out this way is too hard so would miss out on half the fun :-( but would still love to catch up at bathurst or the mountains etc, maybe meet you at lithgow and then we can head to jenolan caves from there, there is a nice road that cuts accross from there from memory.

G

Unregistered
Yes thats sounds like a plan!

I'm from bathurst and I tell you what, no one here knows what these cars are so it would be a blast to stream up the main street and have everyone have a geezer!! Mount Panorama is a good idea, but I warn you now, please no one speed around it or be stupid as the residence call the cops as soon as they see or hear anyone hooning around it. Besides the patrol it anyway.

But yes it would be an awesome site to take photos on the grid!

The only thing is we will have to check theres not an event on there the day we go.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Yeah I've been there with some mates a while back and they decided to have a hoon and holy COW the cops were there SO quick it was crazy! I guess they must get calls there all the time.

It's 60 all the way around and two way, so you have to be sensible. Still...it's a rush just driving around it at 60, it makes you realise how harsh the track is on the supercars!

How about a month's time the 19th July?

Have they re-opened the park at the top of the mountain? Last time I was there it was all blocked off and the carpark was gone...

G

Unregistered
How about a month's time the 19th July?

Have they re-opened the park at the top of the mountain? Last time I was there it was all blocked off and the carpark was gone...

Im keen for the 19th July.

Yes they have opened the top up.

Its all nice now with kids playing equipment and stuff.

I have a mate who's a cop and he said theres a cop on patrol in town that
does the main every 2 hours. (main = William street through to the mount.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Ahh righteo. I'd love to hoon all around it if it was ever possible to get it blocked off. But since that's nigh on impossible, I'll just have to live with 60km/h :D

Perry

Crunching Gears
First Name
Michael
Drive
2000 TJ Magna Sports
if you decide to go to bathurst can i bring my magna along or is it just for leggies cause i'm i orange

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
I'll just have to live with 60km/h :D
Yeah police are pretty quick on the scene if you're not from town.
Last time we did 1 slow lap of the track and the locals called the police already.

Nevertheless, it would be a great drive up there and a fantastic oppurtunity to take some really nice photos - especially with a whole group of VR-4's :drool:

3M-TA3

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Daniel
Drive
BLACK MANUAL '97 LEGNUM
Ahh righteo. I'd love to hoon all around it if it was ever possible to get it blocked off. But since that's nigh on impossible, I'll just have to live with 60km/h :D

just stick it in second and squint:ROFLMAO:

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Hahha!!! I'll have to get glasses with an in-built radial blur so it looks real fast :p

G

Unregistered
was at the local netball courts today in Bathurst, watching my wife play and a lady came up to me and said her son has the same car and was talking to her about coming to bathurst on the 19th july for a club cruise.

Which member is this?

Just curious.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
I'll try to keep that date in my book ....

Wish they'd build that link from the F3 to the M2 so I don't have to crawl on Pennant Hills Rd grrr....

The cruise idea sounds great, but I'd be a pain in the A due to my bad bladder ! bad mix of family genetics & a car accident did it to me hehe. You'd check your rear view & I'd be gone haha....

I've got a feeling my new bed set is being delivered that day too ... or it's someone's birthday (I have too many relatives!)

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Why can't you come Perry?

Brad, if you want I can locate appropriate toilet spots along the way and make up a map and stop points. It's not a problem at all mate, we can accomodate you for sure. Plus you have a good video camera and a tripod :p lol!!

Just let me know if you want me to do that and I'll put some effort in this weekend to get it started.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Cheers for that Paul !

I'm pretty ok most of the time, & have an intimate knowledge of nearly every pitstop there is HAHA. :ROFLMAO:

Yea I've got to fix the stand for the tripod. It's slightly tilted to one side ! Hey did anyone notice me kick the tripod stand when walking around the cars hehe.

Doing the big move this weekend to Newcastle so apologies if I don't respond for some time.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
No problem Brad :) I'll work out a route and pitstops and post it up :D

PS: Noticed you kick the stand :p lol

Top Bottom