[NSW] Next meet ideas

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Let's throw around some ideas for cruises shall we?

There's plenty of things we can do.

Short cruises:
1) Hornsby to Windsor via Galston Gorge, lunch in Windsor and then back home. This would be rather short, can always extend it to the Putty road...

2) Bell's line of road, cut across Mt Victoria to the Gt Western, back through either a) Old Bathurst Road (kinda fun but fairly busy), b) Mitchell's pass (fun, one way, but way too short) or c) Springwood rd (very fun, windy bit is a bit too short but there's nice straights...but cops like the straights) and back to the M4 via Penrith or Windsor Rd via Richmond.

Longer cruises:
1) Putty road to singleton, the "10 mile" section near the end is just awesome. Putty road is known for it's police presence though, so you'd just have to be sensible. The 10 mile stretch can be a bit slippery when wet.

2) Cruise north via Old Pacific Hwy, not sure of a northern destination, Newcastle? I'm not too good with north.

3) Bells Line to Bathurst, with a nice speed limit cruise around Mt Panorama...would make for awesome photos to have a grid of VR4s!!

4) Cruise to Wollombi Pub via Wiseman's Ferry. Could be a bit troublesome for very low cars, but I don't think any of us have ridiculously low cars. We should all be fine on and off the ferry. Nice road if you don't get stuck behind a boat trailer :mad:

Throw some ideas around, the more the merrier and the more cruises we can plan!

Also add when you're free too and how much notice you'd need to guarantee your attendance. I'm free most weekends and a month in advance would make sure I could keep that weekend free.

Cheers guys, I'd love to see NSW cracking with cruises!!!!! :D

Zild

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
1998 VR4 Galant
The trek up to Wiseman's ferry is awesome :p

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
A good short run is The Old Pacific H/way starting at Berowra and going up to the part where it used to be blocked off.

Can stop at Pie in the Sky or Road Warriors.

It's a small hike from Sydney but I do that run on the bike all the time.

Also for us southies a National Park run ending up at Bald Hill (where they do the hang gliding above Stanwell Tops) is also a decent drive.

I've done putty a couple of times in the last months on the bike and there have been cops but not loads... just the odd one of two H/wy patrols. You have to be pretty stupid to get caught.

We cruise putty at about 150 most of the way.

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
wisemens ferry sounds great~ To the northen pacific hwy, as far as i can remember, exit from The Entrance Exit then we can follow all the way to Mooney Mooney. the roads are fun to drive there. Iused to go there with my old civic with bunch of asian dudes - they were cool.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
I'd prefer shorter cruise or a short section that i could join as my wife mostly drives the car and we have a 10 week old bub so taking the car for long periods is not good

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
I'd prefer shorter cruise or a short section that i could join as my wife mostly drives the car and we have a 10 week old bub so taking the car for long periods is not good

That's cool Dave, that's the kind of thing I'd like to know so we can organise small ones around the large ones. Everyone gets to come to something that way. Not everyone will be able to make everything, but the more accessible we make them, the easier it'll be for all :)

It'd be cool to change the location/direction each time so we're not always going north, like I notice a lot of car clubs end up doing. North is fun, but there's other directions that are just as fun :D

This weekend I might make up some routes with maps and post them up for discussion if that's cool with you guys. Then we could "keep them on record" so to speak and use them later if we want.

Actually...a "Cruise archive" would be damn cool to have! A full top to tail directions, maps and times that we could just dig into for a cruise!

Hugh, I like that short one :) We may have to do that!

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Ran out of time to do the cruise routes on the weekend. I'll get started on at least one tonight :)

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Awww, I won't be in town by then. Leaving Sydney on Friday night (but fuelling up in the lounge bars of course).

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Just another idea guys, maybe not for the next meet, but in the future:

What about a Navrun? Where every driver gets a list of directions and clues. Basically what you do is follow the directions (you MUST have a passenger!!!!) on the sheet and at certain places there will be clues such as:

"A red triangle" _______________

And you have to fill out what it is. Answer: "Give way sign" Which will be in that location.
You get a point for each correct one, bonus points for something else that fits the bill as well in that spot eg: witches hat or Pizza Hut roof etc.

At the end of the Navrun, everyone meets up and has lunch as the person who's running it collates the points and a little awards ceremony takes place.

It's HEAPS of fun, I've done them with some hot rod clubs and it makes a nice normal cruise just that much more interesting.

You HAVE to have a passenger...the driver MUST watch the road...it's too dangerous otherwise :lol:

Top Bottom