[NSW] Skidpan Day 2009

G

Unregistered
Well maybe in 6 months or so we could do a skidpan day in Sydney.
That gives every one time to get there cars ready. eg: I need a new clutch.

I emailed Eastern Creek about there one
REPLY:

"Hi Emanuel,

To hire the skid pan it costs $1700 (+GST) and you also need to provide us with your public liability insurance or CAMS permit.

You can contact our chief instructor who runs days for clubs and companies – James Stewart and he could provide you with a quote for the day.

Thanks
Alex "

Well its a start, thats about as far as I got.
http://www.eastern-creek-raceway.com/skid_pan.htm

Also driver training and advanced driving would also be fun.

http://www.eastern-creek-raceway.com/driver_training.htm

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
Driver training for me for sure! I haven't done anything of the sort yet and have wanted to for ages, just never had the coin.

As far as the skidpan day goes...that's a lot of money, considering we'd have to fork out public liability. I shudder to think what that'd cost.

There are other clubs that do skidpan days though, and driving schools that do them too.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
I've done advanced driving at Oran Park it sucked.

You would get as much out of a skid pan day.

Advanced driving was ALL about hey you have ABS, just slam on the brakes hard and steer... OR alternatively you don't have ABS... you ****ed.

It did involve a bit of action on the track but no over taking etc.

I'm defo keen on skid pan. If we can really hire it then we could even setup a mini motokhana type thing as well in case we get bored of drift attempts?

G

Unregistered
If you can hang off untill June I would love to join in as I will be in sydney around then!! But unfortunately I wont bring a VR4 tho even if I get one by then.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Give me enough notice and i should be down for this one. Might finally get to meet some of you Sydney kids! :D

Motokhana + VR4 = Bad..... Sorry guys, but i don't feel like replacing my power steering pump anytime soon ;)

Skid panning sounds good though! Spesh since i have coilovers, braces and an LSD! w00t!

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
Sorry to play Devil's Advocate here, but it's not just $1700 split. We have to pay the public liability insurance as well. Plus if you need any services on standby (emergency crews, oil cleanup, etc etc) it's all extra.

Again, sorry to be a downer, I just want to make sure that we're all clear on the costs because it doesn't stop at $1700. TBH, I'd rather go to Wakefield.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Yeah well let's see what the price pans out to be before we give up on the idea.

I'm sure we all have mates who would be up for it too, if we get 20 people it suddenly gets a lot cheaper.

Speaking of Wakefield, my mate who came to the Nav Run does track days there a bit and reckons it only costs him $150. So when the next one comes up I'll make a thread so we can make an event of it.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
Yeah Wakefield is quite cheap and a good track.

Again, sorry I don't mean to be negative or rude. I just wanted to make sure that people are clear on the full costs, that's all :D

G

Unregistered
"Hi Emanuel,

To hire the skid pan it costs $1700 (+GST) and you also need to provide us with your public liability insurance or CAMS permit.
Ok what does "or a CAMS permit" mean (is it and a cams permit or just one or the other) and how much is that. Is it cheaper then a liability inscurance policy?

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Hmm, well when we do ride days you sign for a single day racing license which costs $35 there may be something similar.

I think a full CAMS license costs over $250 a year and you have to be a member of a car club as well or something?

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Id be interested in a Skidpan day :)

Would we all have to have CAMS licenses or anything? =/

Suppose would be fun to do those driver training things :)

Top Bottom