Number plates sizing

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Ok so when I get my Legnum Ill be getting personalised number plates. In SA its a once off fee of $170, and you can choose any combination of letters, as long as its finished with a number and equals 6 characters in total.

My question is, what number plate sizes suit the legnum (facelift) best? I dont want to get a numberplate that looks silly or needs modifications to fit.

I was thinking the front should be an issue, I can just get a slim plate (371x100mm), and perhaps the rear could be a standard size (371x133mm). Will this rear size fit ok or will it be too wide?

http://ezyplates.sa.gov.au/ezyreg/personalised.htm

It looks as so the backing plate is designed for really tall and thin number plates (it seems only AA plates are available in the square size, 300x150mm).

http://ezyplates.sa.gov.au/ezyreg/premium.htm

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
My standard size Vic plates don't really fit properly.. All the screws line up well, and spacers were fitted by Shogun on the front - however they sit too low on the front and the rear.

It's an easy fix to get them right - just haven't gotten around to it yet.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Yep, just get some aluminium plate to affix to the legnum front bar to shift the position, and then bolt the number plate to the aluminium plate!

I've seen this mod work well on a number of S15 Silvias as well as the older issues of "Speed" magazine (great read... wonder why it stopped?).

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
The full premium plates or the CC plates are the best bet for size - unfortunately you can't get personalised ones in the square size, as I've found out.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
I have the slim - slim plates on the front of mine, they are perhaps a bit long, i needed to slightly bend the ends so they dont rub on the paint. But the rear i had no problems, theres heaps of room there

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
on the back, do those little mounting brackets at the bottom show up though?

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
We need OZVR4.COM number plate surrounds ...

The only problem I can see is that different states have different size plates.

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Ok ive been trying to decide which colour combinations to go with, I couldnt decide so had to do some photoshopping. I still cant decide! Although im leaning towards White Text on Blue Background. What are other peoples opinions?

Pretty certain I will be going with the wording TTVRR-4 (it needs to be 6 digits and end with numbers).

After doing the photoshopping I decided that Ill definately get slim plates front AND rear.

number-plate-options.jpg

number-plate-comparison-rear.jpg

number-plate-comparison-front.jpg

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
the blue looks good on the front and the red or maroon looks good on the back... wonder if you could have two different colours :D

The white text with blue background looks good, seems to add another colour to the back of the car which looks nice

Mel-D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mel
Drive
2012 Ford Focus ST Manual,Tangerine. Evo 6 Blue manual.Had 2004 XR6 Falcon M11 Auto,Yellow GT stripes. 1999 Legnum Manual,White
We have the red writing on white plates and we are very happy with them. Ours are the slim on front and back but the rear might have looked a bit better in standard size. We chose the colour combo cause the badges are red.
I like the wording you have chosen ,it's what we wanted but in QLD it had to be three letters and 2 number combo or you had to pay $2000 for Prestige plates.

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
I've got blue writing on white background on mine, but red writing might suit yours better.

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
damn, everyone likes a different combo! Im still no closer to deciding!

And nah Jarrad, you cant have different colour plates (unless you order replacement plates later on, but choose a different colour, and only use 1).

G

Unregistered
Oh dear.. how will interstate peeps know you're from the festival state?

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
ok so a bit of an update...

I received my number plates as a Christmas present from my girlfriend. Im really happy with the color combo and sizes I chose.

DSCF5119.jpg

DSCF5134.jpg

Top Bottom