Number plates

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Hey guys,
Anyone seen any cool plates around or have any ideas they wanna share???
I have mine planned, but keeping it to myself for now, lol :p
The plate I have reserved for my "75 Gally Coupe is
MMC:GTO

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
dont have any ideas to add - but just wondering, what plate combinations dont have an annual fee, and dont cost much more than a regular AA plate?

Does Transport SA have an online thing that tells you what plates are available or do you need to call them and ask them about every combo you have?

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
You'd best be talking to your motor registry about that or checking their website.

I've made my plates pretty obvious lol "VR-04-TT"

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
I found it here - http://www.ezyplates.sa.gov.au it tells you what is available, and shows you what it looks like in each colour combination. Price is $170 one off fee for a personalised plate.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
This sort of thing should be easily available from your respective transit authority. For example, WA's Dept of Planning and Infrastructure have a web page where you can look up plate costs, although availability can only be determined by attending a licensing centre or phoning them.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Us Victorians are pretty lucky with it. My sig says all :)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I can't believe how much custom plates cost you guys... that's pretty screwed up. At least its a one-off fee for us still!

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
G

Unregistered
In SA don't be confused with personalised and custom plates.

Personalised are the 4 letter - 2 digit plates, with the SA logo in the middle. ie HOTTI-69. $170 once off.

Custom plates are 1-6 characters, any letter combination of. $190 every year. If you want 7 characters, its $240 every year.

I'll keep ANON, its my thang...and saves me lots in parking fines :cool: Tho its tempting to move SHOGUN over to my car....decisions...

Esoteric

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
2001 Galant VR-4
One of my pet hates are plates that state the obvious, eg:

a black BMW M3 - the rego? BLK M3 or BMW M3 (as if the badge on the boot lid isn't obvious enough!)

I've seen a couple of good ones back home, some examples:

I KNOW (M3 CSL)
AT LAST (Merceds Benz SL 600 [ the twin-turbo v12 one!])

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
A few I've seen which stand out in my mind:

BLESSU (EVO 5 or 6?)
IEATV8 (think it's on a Rexie)
IMXCOP (BT-1 Commodore VL, yellow paintjob with "interceptor" steelies)

my personal favourite doing the rounds in Elsternwick (Vic) on a Tarago, mum driving and it's FULL of kids... PB4UGO (pee before you go)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
A good one I see regularly is V8 KILA on a RB30 turboed VL Commodore Wagon with the Calais pop-up headlights. One of my fave commodore's of all time.

G

Unregistered
Why's that?

My plates aren't as they seem in first glance....

I often have to park in a uni car park and sometimes forget my permit....only the parking officers that are thorough (real thorough) in checking the rego slip get my hard earned money (as they should).

Also courtesy of the police, the alternative of my car plate has been frozen. My bike plate hasn't gone the same way yet, so there's probably a pissed off commodore owner who gets my overdue parking fines from my bike.

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
One of my pet hates are plates that state the obvious, eg:

a black BMW M3 - the rego? BLK M3 or BMW M3 (as if the badge on the boot lid isn't obvious enough!)

My plates on the leggie are "BLKVR.4"

Too obvious? :rolleyes:

In my defence, the only badge I have on the back is the VR4 one and that's coming off soon.

Top Bottom