oil catch cans

G

Unregistered
i have just got a oil catch can and was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas on fitment.
i would like to connect the can to the crank case breather but not 100% sure were it is..
if anyone can shed some light on this, it would be much apreciated..

thanks
joe

G

Unregistered
There is a breather on top of each cylinder bank under the engine cover but I can't remember if they tee together and then enter the inlet. They are easy to spot when you take off the cover though

G

Unregistered
It reduces or stops any oil being sucked into the intake system. Some people find varying amounts in the bottom of the intercooler or coating the inlet pipes.

G

Unregistered
sure do.. found a shit load of blow back in the cooler pipes. wanna eliminate it. thanks alot peter.

G

Unregistered
i think you'll find most of the oil will be from the turbo oil seals being old/worn
and oil getting past the seals and blowing into the cooler pipes

a catch can wont solve the problem.

G

Unregistered
it will get rid of most of the blow back wont it???

G

Unregistered
if your getting enough oil too make a catch can usefull on a street car, you have serious motor issues

Nick

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
Aristo
sure will reduce blow by. 90% of people think it is caused by leaking turbo's but more often than not it is simply a build up for crank case blow by over a period of time.

I had a brand new turbo on for 2 months, and my cooler piping had oil all through it. Installed a catch can, and all GONE!

Pretty common, good luck with it mate! If you need a hand!

G

Unregistered
mite take you up on it nick... ride is still on i hope

Top Bottom