Oil Filters...

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
hey fellas, ive just recently serviced my car again.. and seems like there are 3 different oil filters sizes that would fit in our cars...

Z411 <-- used it on my 6A12 N/A
Z142a <-- used it on my current car, heard a few ticks but goes away after a second..
Z56b <-- so far i haven't heard any ticks at all, this is about 20 cm longer than the one above...

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
20cm longer! that must be huge! My oil filters on previous cars have only been about 10cm long in total.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
what brand were these filters? where would be the best place to look for them?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
sorry fellas.. i meant 20mm not 20cm haha..

i used the brand ryco, sometimes valvoline as well..

but for what i was told.. ryco has this 'anti-drain back valve'

G

Unregistered
strange,

ryco nz dont do that filter,

they have the 411, 142a,

they have the 56, but not a 56b....

might give the 56 a go... its for use on the GTO's 6g72t so hopefully will be ok on our cars

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Carsten you should be able to cross-reference the thread type and seal diameter between the two sites to give you an idea :)

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
hehe oopss.. i didnt think of the thread type.. i only looked at the seal diameter if it was the same as 411 and 142a hehe.. but i guess it is.. coz i didnt have to force it in or whatsoever..

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Hmm happily Chris they ARE the same, which is rather fortunate indeed for you! :p

Carsten thread type on the Z56 and Z56B is exactly the same, seal diameter seems to be out by 2mm, but that could just be because the Ryco NZ site uses a bunch of weird measurements... Actually that whole site is extremely badly designed - doesn't work with Firefox at all and does everything with nasty javascript. Glad that's likely to be the only time I ever have to look at it!! :mad:

Anyway that filter looks pretty much identical to the Z56B, so I think you'll be safe. If in doubt, take your old filter in to compare when buying one, but I'm certain it will be ok :)

Top Bottom