Old vs New

G

Unregistered
Just a pic from the RPW dyno day of VR4plays 7th and my 8th gen galants. My first time in a 6th which I must say is an awesome little car.

Old_vs_New_VR4.jpg

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Yeah I was surprised how well the 6G goes- mind you, it was a modified one I drove but still, as you say, awesome cars.

Lee

G

Unregistered
what brad said

thats a 6G, e39 or e33 chassis 4G63T, 2L inline 4, dohc turbo, 88-92

then theres the 7g, e84 chassis with a 6A12TT, 2L V6, quad cam twin turbo, 92-96

then there our 8G, EC5A or EC5W with a 6A13TT, 2.5L V6, quad cam twin turbo, 96-02

this is what a 7G Looks like

17.03008PSideII.jpg

G

Unregistered
Oh yeah ... opps ... forgot about that series ... the 7th never had a vr4 did they ?

G

Unregistered
yes they did....

as above the 7G VR4 was powerd by a 6A12TT 2L V6 twin turbo

also 4wd, manual or auto (no triptronic)
there was also was a 7G Sports GT version which was a hatchback version with the 6a12tt powerplant,
but that wasnt called a vr4, only the sedan was.

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
We didn't get the 7th gen VR-4 in Australia.

The best we got was the "V6 24" which was powered by the non-turbo 6A12 2.0L and front wheel drive only. It was hatchback only, we didn't get the sedan in any model at all in OZ.

I love the 6G VR-4, I always wanted one and this is the main reason my I got a 8G VR-4 :)

G

Unregistered
I remember looking at 6g before i got my 180sx and i wanted one, but i was young and wanted to rip skids as well :p

I also remember a couple of Grey Import 7g in uniqe cars a couple of years ago for $30,000 lol how times have changed

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
We didn't get the 7th gen VR-4 in Australia.

The best we got was the "V6 24" which was powered by the non-turbo 6A12 2.0L and front wheel drive only. It was hatchback only, we didn't get the sedan in any model at all in OZ.

Im actually driving around in a 7G at the moment while i wait for my 8g. Its a nice car - I quite like it - its got sunroof and all power options - power wise its not too bad, feels a little heavy for the power it puts out (112kw) - but once it gets going it feels quite nice.

sickvr4

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
i own a 6g vr4 at present and i love it to bits. i had looked at a 180sx before i bought it, but in the end, i made a good decision. but out with the old and in with the new, cos i also need room for a bike.

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum
I am on my 3rd Mitsubishi, my first was 88 ZR4 pic below 4G63T, 2L inline 4, dohc turbo, 88 same as the VR4 but with a hatch so was badged ZR4. Nice vehicle to drive an i would own one again. Second mitsi was a black 97 Challenger SUV which i owned concurrently with the ZR4 (Yep love mitsi's) And my current ride my Manual 2001 Legnum. Comparing the ZR4 to my legnum, the ZR4 had more pick up off the mark. This car made me fall in love with the VR4's.
8537134_full-1.jpg

Top Bottom