Opening your windows using you key

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
Opening your windows using your key

I found another feature of the Legnum/Galants today which i don't recall being discussed previously, I presume that this will only apply to the series 2 models because it has the two button remote key.

After you unlock the car using your remote key, press the button down again and hold, after a couple of seconds the two front windows will go down!! Same when locking, press the lock button again and after a couple seconds the windows will go up.

A bit of a useless feature but hey looks cool.

G

Unregistered
when i first got my car i did that, i had no idea how i did it. pointless but cool feature

G

Unregistered
Hey thats awesome, nice work Bryan ... handy if u forget to wind ur windows up when u leave ur car. (can't wait to try it out).
So many cool things on these cars. The Climate control rocks too ...

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
never managed to get them to go down automatically, but I've had them go up by holding down the button a few times

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
I'll have auto window winders hooked up with the alarm system, but having the option to put them down via remote would be damn awesome in summer. Giving it 5 mins to breath b4 you jump in, very nice, if only the sunroof would open too! :p

G

Unregistered
... just going out to test that now!!! :D

Do we need milk? bread? ANYTHING??

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
I'll have auto window winders hooked up with the alarm system, but having the option to put them down via remote would be damn awesome in summer. Giving it 5 mins to breath b4 you jump in, very nice, if only the sunroof would open too! :p

Good idea that !!

... just going out to test that now!!! :D

Do we need milk? bread? ANYTHING??

If your shouting, pick up a carton :p

G

Unregistered
Just had a go then ... it does do both up and down ... fan-bloody-tastic

aaron68nz

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Aaron
Drive
2001 Legnum series 3 manual
doh! i want a series 2 now :p that sounds cool

Most good car alarms come with window closer modules. Two of my previous cars alarms closed the windows when I turned the alarm on. Not sure though if there is an option to have them open when the car is unlocked though.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
It could actually be a life-saver if you do the lock removal mod and you ever have issues with the door locks... But then, the most likely issue you'd have would be with a flat battery, in which case the windows won't wind down anyway :p

anthony

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
tony
Drive
Rare Manual Legnum VR-4
its a shame it don't also fold in the mirrors

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum
Awesome, good for summer time, cant wait to get home to try it out. Good find Bryan

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum
Awesome, good for summer time, cant wait to get home to try it out. Good find Bryan

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
Just found that if you have all you windows open when locking the car then repressing to close the windows it will close the rear ones as well

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
The fact that this only works on the facelifts because it has the 2 button keys, would it be possible to use a 2 button key on a prefacelift? or wouldn't that work?

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
I reckon I will be hooking up the auto mirror fold on mine. I like the idea that they will always be folded out of the way when parked in shopping centres and such.
Pretty cool function

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Ours will be the missus' daily for the start of its Aussie life atleast. We are seriously thinking of getting a pre facelift Leggy as my daily (she hates wagons lol) A '96 can be had really cheap ATM.
Would rather spend the cash on the '75 Coupe, but that will never be a daily anyway, lol

Top Bottom