OpenPort 2.0 logging without EvoScan (auto logging)

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Ed
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Manual, Ford Territory family runabout, BMW K1300R.
Hey folks, anyone used their OpenPort 2.0 to log data without using EvoScan - via the Logcfg.txt file and an SD card?

If not, I'm about to get this party started.

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
Yep, what specifically are you looking to log?

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
2019 i30 N-Line
Let me dig up my Openport tonight and i'll attach my txt file with some annotations.

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Ed
Drive
Let me dig up my Openport tonight and i'll attach my txt file with some annotations.
Cheers mate. Will save me some time. I'll create a dedicated How To thread on configuring the text file.

I've got some example logcfg files from evolutionm.net and I reckon it wouldn't take me more than a few hours to set one up, but your info will shortcut that process.

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Ed
Drive
Put together a logcfg of my own. Works fine, and logs the basics. Load, knock, TPS, ignition timing, O2 trim, wastegate control, speed, TPS, rpm.

The behaviour of the OpenPort 2.0 if you have an SD card and the file installed is as follows:
  • If USB connected, no auto logging
  • if USB not connected, attempts to connect to ECU and log
You can tell when the OpenPort is attempting to connect to the ECU as it flashes regularly and then stops each time it tries and fails to connect. When the ignition is on and the OpenPort can connect it starts to flash consistently and regularly. I think the correct way to safely stop logging is to turn the ignition off.

Attachments

• logcfg.txt
    919 bytes · Views: 30

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
2019 i30 N-Line
Put together a logcfg of my own. Works fine, and logs the basics. Load, knock, TPS, ignition timing, O2 trim, wastegate control, speed, TPS, rpm.

The behaviour of the OpenPort 2.0 if you have an SD card and the file installed is as follows:
  • If USB connected, no auto logging
  • if USB not connected, attempts to connect to ECU and log
You can tell when the OpenPort is attempting to connect to the ECU as it flashes regularly and then stops each time it tries and fails to connect. When the ignition is on and the OpenPort can connect it starts to flash consistently and regularly. I think the correct way to safely stop logging is to turn the ignition off.

Uncomment the set pin voltage line.

Pin 1 needs to be earthed.so 1,-2 is correct.

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Ed
Drive
Uncomment the set pin voltage line.

Pin 1 needs to be earthed.so 1,-2 is correct.
Hmmm it should already be uncommented. I must have uploaded the wrong file. Will fix!!!

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Ed
Drive
OK fixed. Sorry for that folks.

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Ed
Drive
Hmmm I'm not getting any Load logged. I've tried Load (0x41) and LoadMUT2ByteMod (0x00) and neither is giving me any data. @BCX maybe I need you to upload your example.

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
2019 i30 N-Line
4 years on, here's mine...

Interested to know if it works, i'll be trying it soon anyways and will upload any amendments

Top Bottom