White FL Legnum

Lasiorhinus

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Stephen
Drive
White FL Legnum
Im glad I noticed the grasshoppers when I did. All the cooling intakes were over half blocked by the little buggers. Scraped them out with a stick, and then started collecting more. There were three very helpful peacocks at Sandfire who started eating them all out of the grille while I refuelled...

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Haha sheeeeeeeeet that's plenty of buggies. I'd be thinking about investing in some mesh to go over the front! Probably too late to bother now lol, they are a bugger to get out.

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
You must have went through Karratha & Port Hedland before last weekend... many parts of the Hwy were under water in the last few days.

I took a pic yesterday morning:

photo.jpg

I can guarantee you, you wouldn't have past many of the floodways... There are still many cars, buses & even a truck still parked up next to the road with flooded engines!

How is the 95ron going in yours?!

G

Unregistered
go the delica! lol.

thats a lot of water!! i didnt think it had been raining so much up there?? although i havent seen much of the news/weather lately.

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
go the delica! lol.

thats a lot of water!! i didnt think it had been raining so much up there?? although i havent seen much of the news/weather lately.

You usually don't hear much from up here... I think they reported from the tornado we had earlier in the year, but thats pretty much it!

The Delica is back in Perth and needs a new suspension first! Jesse is looking after me ;-)

Lasiorhinus

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Stephen
Drive
White FL Legnum
Thats a huge amount of water! Looks like I timed my trip through there perfectly - the most water I encountered at all was a puddle somewhere near Halls Creek.

95 octane petrol seems to run fine - and though I didnt like having to do this to the poor girl, I even fed her a couple of tanks of 91, since that was the only thing available. Karratha through to Broome seemed to have a supply issue the days I went through.

I need to have a look at the figures a little more closely, but the economy on 91 was actually pretty damn good, though I think I need an ECU reset right about now, as the exhaust smells ridiculously rich.

Lasiorhinus

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Stephen
Drive
White FL Legnum
Road Trips are great fun! So far I've driven

Melbourne-Adelaide-Alice-Katherine-Broome -> In a commodore

Broome-Katherine-Darwin-Katherine-Isa-Townsville-Cairns -> In a commodore

Cairns-Rocky-Moree-Dubbo-Canberra-Melbourne -> In a commodore

Melbourne-Adelaide-Perth -> in a Lancer

Perth-Geraldton-Karratha-Hedland-Broome-Katherine-Darwin -> In a Legnum (this trip)

Theres some spectacular sights to see in this great country of ours.

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
That certainly is a lot of km's in a Commondore haha I commend you

Top Bottom