Oz Top Gear....what where they thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VR4sum

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
2009 Toyota Kluger
Guys, Just want to vent and I know this is the place to guarantee 100% support on the matter.
Firstly, I am sure I speak for everyone when I say that the oz version of Top Gear sucks dogs balls compared to the BBC version. I mean it would be good if the three tossers on the show actually tried to be individual instead of trying to mimic the Hammond, May, Clarkson Experience, but instead they try to apply dry english sarcastic humour to their own ...demise I guess.
My issue here is not with the show though but with the stupid segment called "what where they thinking"
The very first episode and what goes on the board...a F*%^$n' Legnum! Why you ask....because the car is called a legnum!!?? Oh No, its got a funny name. Here is a show that emphasises the greatness of driving and car appreciation so they go and get a car (granted it was not a VR 4 model) that looks awesome, handles amazingly and is everything you need... and they pick on it cause of it's name!? C'mon guys, surely you can come up with something better......IDIOTS. (And none of them are THAT good at driving either)
All I can say is that they are all a bunch of Pajero's!

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Alex, there is already a thread about the show here...

edit: criticism of the show aside, I think Legnum is a dumb name... that's why I debadged my car :D
Was thinking of rearranging the letters to say MUNGLE though lol

G

Unregistered
Derek,

Whats involved in the debadging - are there holes to fill or are the letters just stuck on?

(I like Mungle too lol!!!)

G

Unregistered
Got off my lazy ass and did a search (general questions) ! Just glue on the pre facelift then.....

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Not sure there's a thread for it but it has been mentioned several times before.

The letters on my car were all individually stuck on. I used a hair dryer to heat the adhesive and pulled some dental floss under the letters to get them off. Then some bug and tar remover to get the remaining glue off. Apparently there's a citrus based solvent you can use as well, not sure what it is.

VR4sum

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
2009 Toyota Kluger
Whoops sorry, Oh well, can never have too much bagging of the show.I like that we are on the opposite side of the world to Britian so that makes their S-T-I-G reversed for our show...GITS!

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Back on topic, it would be quite funny when the show is cancelled at the end of the season if one of the presenters says

'what were they thinking?'

'top gear au'

G

Unregistered
the IDIOT also said it was an import from NZ. I have never watched as my mechanic told me about what they had said. Put my legnum up against any BMW, Audi wagon and i'll smoke the shite out of em. I like the name legnum cos its still unknown to most which in my books means unique.

G

Unregistered
Guys I have been out of oz for alsmost 2 years now so let me get this straight there is a car top gear show from oz on the tellie.
Well I was going to complain to the bbc show that they dont do enough modified cars on their show and now that I hear that the ozzie show has tossas as presenters maybee we should lay down a challange for the network who has the show on what car enthusiasts want to watch?
Yes debadging is easy but you will probably want to give the paint a good buff to get rid of the shadows of the letters afterwards.

G

Unregistered
Alex, there is already a thread about the show here...

edit: criticism of the show aside, I think Legnum is a dumb name... that's why I debadged my car :D
Was thinking of rearranging the letters to say MUNGLE though lol

i was tossing up between "V ARGH 4" and "MUNGEL" for my plates. :p

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
LEGNUM is a stupid name for a car. A butchered retarted version of LEGACY or LEGEND. Much like the car itself.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Whilst I agree with the sentiments expressed, there is already a thread covering this topic AND this is the General VR4 Discussion thread. Calling TGA a VR4 discussion is a tenuous thread indeed...

As such, thread closed - get back in the OT forum where you belong ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom